Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flubbernugget

Thoughts on Satanism

This:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

is ALL you need to know about Satanism. Straight from the source, it gives detailed explanations about their philosophy, and as an added bonus, you even learn how to cast your own spells and invoke the minions! Awesome, isn't it?

It's your business how you get the book, though, since I don't wanna do warez in here...

Also, it's your risk to take when choosing to switch to Satanism or not.
God may or may not give a fuck about it. Should the latter be true, you get fucked. Note the use of the Enochian Keys as a proof of collaboration with the evil, which is required when you cast a spell, and may be used against you.

Hmm, I don't see anything on there about having to renounce Jesus as one's Lord and savior, so Protestants should be safe. Catholics may have to do a buttload of Hail Maries for each spell, but that may be another way for some Christians to game the system.

I wasn't raised Christian, so I guess I'm out of luck. :(

Binary said:
and as an added bonus, you even learn how to cast your own spells and invoke the minions! Awesome, isn't it?
[/B]

Isn't there something in one of the first chapters about spells that refers you to another set of literature before you perform the rituals The Satanic Bible enumerates?

On the topic of spells, if The Satanic Bible says performing a spell over something unlikely will mean the spell will most likely fail, wouldn't most people catch on that the real magic of these spells is the magic of probability?

flubbernugget said:

Isn't there something in one of the first chapters about spells that refers you to another set of literature before you perform the rituals The Satanic Bible enumerates?

On the topic of spells, if The Satanic Bible says performing a spell over something unlikely will mean the spell will most likely fail, wouldn't most people catch on that the real magic of these spells is the magic of probability?

Not quite the first chapters, but yeah, the Book of Leviathan and the Book of Belial are mentioned to be necessary if you wanna do spells. But I may be wrong, since i read it a year ago.

And yeah, it did say something in the bible about if for example you are a lumpy, ugly old man who wants a luscious stripper, for example, well that aint gonna happen even if you cast all the possible spells. That is regarding the magic of probability.

Also, as if that weren't enough, if you fail a spell, it will turn against you and fuck you over. Dope, yeah?

As they say psychic ability is the only true magic in real life which can be used with good and bad intentions.

Avoozl said:

As they say psychic ability is the only true magic in real life which can be used with good and bad intentions.

There are no "good and bad" intentions in magic, nor such things as "white or black" magic. Read the bible, bro.

Binary said:

Also, as if that weren't enough, if you fail a spell, it will turn against you and fuck you over. Dope, yeah?

I have a friend that was really into the satanic bible, and tried to perform a "Spell of Destruction", on his old college room mate. We all used to hang out in his garage, which we used as a music studio for our band, which also served as a general hang out among my group of friends. One morning, after crashing the night after a party, me and some of my friends woke up to him reacting frantically over something that had happened to his father. The night beforehand, he had "casted" this destruction spell; he tried to magically have his roommate die in a car accident. The very next day, my friend, who casted the spell received a phone call from the hospital, because his father got into a car accident. It's pretty funny actually, because he was knocked unconscious initially in the accident. But the people who he re-ended, were these ghetto black women, that began punching him in the face, while he sat there knocked-out.

I'm very skeptical when it comes to the super-natural, and I generally consider myself a de facto Athiest. But this was a pretty humorous coincidence.

Kontra Kommando said:

Long story short, ...coincidence.

Yeah, personally I wouldn't try to tag the events out with the "coincidence" card in those situations, especially given the highly non-ambiguous way in which the bible warns about these things and the possible consequences.

Personally, if I were to cast a spell (and I wouldn't, really, since I would have to practically sell my soul), the only feasible type for me would be a "spell of compassion" (you can bring luck and good-fortune to someone with this), so if I screw it up, it backfires at me without screwing my life and I get the good fortune :D.

And, forgive my indiscretion, but did his father live?

Binary said:

Yeah, personally I wouldn't try to tag the events out with the "coincidence" card in those situations, especially given the highly non-ambiguous way in which the bible warns about these things and the possible consequences.

Personally, if I were to cast a spell (and I wouldn't, really, since I would have to practically sell my soul), the only feasible type for me would be a "spell of compassion" (you can bring luck and good-fortune to someone with this), so if I screw it up, it backfires at me without screwing my life and I get the good fortune :D.

And, forgive my indiscretion, but did his father live?

His father has a history of a poor driving record. Plus, he's in north jersey, which is extremely congested in population. I could see how he had a high-probability of getting into an accident. It's just funny that my friend would cast that particular kind of spell, and the very next day, something vaguely similar happened to his own family.

Kontra Kommando said:

His father has a history of a poor driving record. Plus, he's in north jersey, which is extremely congested in population. I could see how he had a high-probability of getting into an accident. It's just funny that my friend would cast that particular kind of spell, and the very next day, something vaguely similar happened to his own family.

Yeah. And if he did it again, the same type of "coincidence" would occur. Again and again and again. Always, the very next day.

Binary said:

Yeah. And if he did it again, the same type of "coincidence" would occur. Again and again and again. Always, the very next day.

I wouldn't doubt it for the fact that the guy really is that shitty of a driver. Once he crashed into my friend's new Infinite while it was parked in the driveway.

BTW, yea, his father survived. But most of his injuries came from the beating he received. They just gave him a black eye, and I think damaged his jaw. But those women went to jail for it.

Binary said:

There are no "good and bad" intentions in magic, nor such things as "white or black" magic. Read the bible, bro.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think this might be dependent on the religion in question. Some have different views on what's considered "kosher" magic to perform.

Doomhuntress said:

i'd own that book solely for the sake of pissing off and/or making people freak out in close vicinity of me.

I bought Chairman Mao's Little Red Book some 40 years ago for much the same reason, it's still somewhere around the house.

yukib1t said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I think this might be dependent on the religion in question. Some have different views on what's considered "kosher" magic to perform.

Like I said, there is no white and black magic, and if you want to execute a spell, only Satan and his dark forces can help you with that. Simply put, there is only one type of magic, and no good and bad exists, from a realistic point of view, and realism is all that Satanism is about. It's more of a lifestyle then a religion, really, since there is basically no one to worship. A lot of religions and fake "gods" came and went as time passed by, but what there really is is just one reality along with many, many eronated perceptions of it.

Doomhuntress said:

i'd own that book solely for the sake of pissing off and/or making people freak out in close vicinity of me.

GreyGhost said:

I bought Chairman Mao's Little Red Book some 40 years ago for much the same reason, it's still somewhere around the house.

Can I say that I own a copy of Mein Kampf for similar reasons, without violating some subsidiary of Godwin's law?

I know for a FACT that TWO BROTHERS unleashed the DARK LORD SATAN upon the world. For this act of utter treason against God and their fellow Man, they were punished thusly:

1. One brother was purged of his daemonic need to DRINK THE BLOOD OF EVILDOERS.

2. The other brother became the potential vessel of Michael, the Holy Angel, blessed be his big sword.

The DARK LORD SATAN circled his own vessel - a barely-shaven bloke who was not a Satanist or a wretched evildoer, but was in fact a bereaved husband and father who had fallen into a mighty strop against God. The vessel almost immediately said "YES MY DARK LORD SATAN POUR YOURSELF INTO ME AND USE ME UNTIL I AM DESTROYED", not because this was a mere plot formality, but because the DARK LORD SATAN possessed such cunning and guile.

In the end, after much hardship and many arses getting kicked, the DARK LORD SATAN fell in a hole where he remains to this day, unless he gets out in season 9 or 10.

Source:

as long as its a religion, no matter the beliefs, its gonna lead to bad stuff. i guess a part of it is cause it teaches you to follow rules rather than following yourself and your own feelings.

About the LaVeyan Satanism and its philosophy: in fact it's a hedonistic approach under a different name. I see the only reason for putting Satan on top of it all is that he represents the opposing force to God, i.e. where God is spiritual and immaterial, Satan is the embodiment of natural forces and materialistic views. And since hedonism promotes pleasure of the flesh and material wealth - here we go. So, if you consider yourself atheist or agnostic with hedonistic principles and lifestyle - then, huh, you may call yourself a Satanist as well.

The Satanic Bible is actually an interesting thing to read, it holds some rational thoughts and strong points, but then again - it's all ambivalent and definitely not unique to this book. And all the magical and mystical parts are there indeed, but if you read carefully - you may notice that LaVey clearly states his book has both truth and fantasy, rational and dogma because, according to him again, man cannot live without combinations like these and he needs dogma in his life. I don't know, maybe, maybe not. To me it means that he didn't believe in all that stuff himself and devaluation of right hand path-based religions was his main goal.

P.S. And Theistic Satanism... this is ridiculous, really. It may still be interesting as an object of study to, umm, peculiar personalities like myself and probably as an offensive tool towards them faithful sheep if you need one, but taking it seriously is silly and childish. Just like with any other Theistic religion.

Aliotroph? said:

Sounds like a bunch of childish silliness to me.

That's what I got from Satanism when I researched it, plus the ritual/symbolic elements are as cheesy as the ones in Christianity. Satanism also seems to focus excessively on selfishness, which is a really shitty way to live.