Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

The DWmegawad Club plays: Kama Sutra

Map 13 - The Holocaust 2 - 100% Kills/Secrets - HMP Skill

I found this to be not only far superior to the original, but one of the better maps in the set. It also reminds me of the previous map, but set in a more city-esque setting with a subway station, rooftops, elevators, and a neat helicopter which you revisit at the end which I found to be a nice touch.

As for difficulty, it certainly is far more brutal than both map 9 and map 12. Many times I felt that you couldn't survive without spamming the BFG, especially the gaggle of imps on top of the roof where you have no immediate access to health, the door shuts on you, and you are trapped with little mobility. I found that to be harder than some of the more open encounters such as the repeat of the frozen revenants/barons.

All in all, a damn challenging level, rather frustrating in parts, but overall a fun one.

Was going to contribute to this but had comp trouble so had to catch up. Playing continuous until death, unless I'm a fair ways into the map.

Map01: Fun little berserk slugfest. Found the SSG secret without too much trouble. Didn't mind the music but it's clearly a straight(bad) conversion of the original track.

Map02: Few things are as satisfying as gunning down a horde of zombies with a single SSG blast, and here you get to do a fair bit of it. A simple little hubspoke taking advantage of the Doomguy's inability to climb up a 32 tall ledge for it's central gimmick. Lots of tight combat and dickish traps. Found the invisibility long after it would have been useful. Kinda wish the Archvile at the end could move about freely but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment too much.

Map03: Simple, tiny little map. A few fights harmed by presence of blocking lines, and a less-than useful Archvile. Fun to blaze through in any case, nice scene with the bodies past the computer desk, and generally nice visuals.

Map04: Prob the best map of the first six. Very open and engaging. You can cheese the Archvile setup with the door. Missed what looks like a hilarious barrel sequence in the distance while chipping at a hellknight. Probably could have used that BFG shot I took a little better than I did. Couldn't figure out the SS+BA secret, it looks like you need to get on the ledge but apparently it's not possible?

Map05: I liked this a lot too, big fan of deep water when done well. Very good scenery adds to the atmosphere. A few useless monsters. Contains the worst pain elemental and the best lighthouse.

Map06: aaaaaa my ears! This map was a tedious hallway grind with bumpy floors and obstructive detail. Has the worst fucking cyber I've ever seen. A sharp decline after the previous maps IMO. BTW, due to how self-referencing sectors work(they block projectiles but not hitscans) you can cheese the imp swarm at the red key with any hitscan weapon.

The Holocaust II - K:100% S:50%

This map was pretty intense. I loved how the map started and ended with the helicopter. I loved going through the multiple stages: Rocks and ground, Caves, a small nukage plant, city streets, rooftop and back. There is always a horde of enemies to slow your progression to a crawl but it is methodical and fun. Many of the fights are made easier by the fact that you can always run back to a safer area.

The myriad of different textures and locales of this map made it absolutely fun to play through and I would have never thought a horde of imps would be more dangerous than an army of Revenants, HKs, and Mancubi, but they were! Rocket ammo and health are abundant. The Cyberdemon fights were kind of tame compared to previous levels. Even the last pair of them, rather than take them head on, I decided to run back to that Arch-Vile teleporter nook and hung out on top of the cliff making them completely trivial. Monster variety was top notch, causing me to die a few more times (once to the imps up top because I thought I could get away without BFG spamming, and several times to the final Cyberdemon pair trying to outrun their rockets.

I could not for the life of me find that BFG secret you guys said was so obvious. Upon a second inspection there was a switch behind the shotgun guy that opened it up but actually playing through I never hit it even on accident. Didn't know it was even there.

Overall a damn difficult level but with some great places take cover and plenty of ammo, it isn't overbearing. Certainly, it is one of the better levels yet.

Marcaek said:

Couldn't figure out the SS+BA secret, it looks like you need to get on the ledge but apparently it's not possible?

What you do is go out to the small raised area that had the red skull. From there, you can jump over to the lip of the UAC panel on the left, and from there onto the small wall running around the perimeter of the base. If you follow it along the row of UAC panels, you can open the last one to get the armor and sphere.

Map 12 -- King Arena - 100% Kills / 100% Secrets
This is a strange and quirky one, even by Kama Sutra standards. A concept map, the basic gameplay idea is that you can essentially only use your fist (berserk-amped eventually, of course) and the 50 handgun rounds you start with, although there is a secret chainsaw and a secret SSG. It's rather oddly-paced, with little in the way of preset opposition, although one of the streets will flood with imps at one point.

Yes, streets. The setting is apparently some kind of seedy inter-urban area, and the titular 'arena' is apparently just a decidedly grandiose euphemism for 'the back room of some shitsplat net-café', sort of like Fight Club only even more anticlimactic. The Kama Sutra dichotomy between the casually representational and the purely abstract remains in place, however, as there are several constructs that don't seem to have anything to do with anything, like the wacky soulsphere spiral or the random marble/marbleface teleporter lobby that reminds me heavily of something from one of the Memento Moris.

The gameplay is pretty weird, and there isn't much of it. The main event is of course the "Arena", where you fight a sequence of mid-level monsters one-on-one with the fist (or you could flip all of the switches and let them kill each other) before going outside to punch many imps to death while invulnerable. There's a turret cyber, but he gets crushed if you find the red skull secret, which is of the purely metagamey type (it involves understanding the infinite-tallness phenomenon), and thus not something I have much fondness for. The SSG it eventually affords is convenient against the last revenants, though (or you could just punch them through the bars).

Yeah, it's weird. It's also pretty stupid.

MAP14 - UV - 74% kills 100%secrets - scratch start - 5 deaths

Now the wad is being frenzy and frenzier. You have to find the correct way to finish this map or you'll get trapped and die.

Map14 - “Dog Eat Dog” by Adolf Vojta

I had vivid memories of this map, so i made sure not to pick up the red key until i was good and ready. This is a really fun map, loads of ammo health and monsters, a choice of challenges to pick in any order and a nicely interconnected and multi-tiered layout to give you plently of options for tackling the slaughter. Taking on a cloud of cacos with a rocket launcher is one of the great pleasures of doom, as it seeps through the map like a liquid threatening to engulph you. Pain elementals not so much, they usually turn into a chore in large numbers unless you have bfg (I didn't find one in this map), but there is plenty of plasma gun ammo so its not so bad here. In fact I had so much fun with this map I went back to finish off the last cyber even though I only had ssg ammo left.

With BFG this map would be a piece of cake, without.... well we are in for a fun ride.
Cool looking map which plays hard but fair. I died a lot in the first half of the map trying to gain a foothold and create a safe zone. The best way in the end was to take out the spiders in the nukage and then go for the yellow key, the alcove where you climb to the upper platform has sufficient space for you to handle the caco swarm which occurs when you grab the red key. The biggest pain was the blue key section which housed a lot of pain elementals. This area killed me many times, I think there is something iffy with the bridge as well as I kept falling through it. I wussed out on the pain elementals and killed them off one by one instead of rocketing them like a madman.
Unlike Mouldy I left this map with over 400 cells, 50 rockets and 2 megaspheres completely unused. Which means I have been officially declared a boring old fart who is anti-fun :P
Really cool map, the last 4 maps have been top draw in my opinion.

MAP14 Dog Eat Dog

Isn't that some crappy game show?

*Regular Run*

My route always changes here, as you can get keys in any order. I have found it best to get the blue key last though, as when everything's said and done, it's closest to the exit. The highlight of the level has got to be that huge structure which has zombies and imps on it, and it will have more monsters later on too. Of course, not forgetting the cacos that come after the red key, the spiderdemon, and the blue key ambush. On the way to the exit I fought a hellknight and two barons, they're replaced by a cyberdemon on HMP and higher. It's fun running around this CCCool (I did it again with the song pun, didn't I?) nukage filled level, just watch out for the hitscanner mountain and the annoying-as-fuck mancubi that dot the level. Final Time 3:47.

*Reality Run*

And the hitscanner mountain and mancubi were what really annoyed me in this one. Before that were shotgun guys at the start and a whole slew of zombiemen. Those guys can be wildcards unless I use cover all the time. For the mountain of hitscanners, I used some BFG shots to see how many I could clear off, but quickly find cover before they attack back. It's harder than it looks. I also had to clear off mancubi early as they are a pain. The spiderdemon I managed to snipe at with rockets with little difficulty, as he couldn't move much. Red key caco ambush, I decided to go to the top of the mountain to lure some enemies up there and pick em off as best as possible. Tedious. At the blue key, I find it best to use the BFG to clear those zombies and use whatever on the rest. Final Time 6:53.

And for next month's "new" megawad, I think I'd like to try out The 100th Wave. Suitepee mentioned this wad on a different thread and I think it'd be really cool to try out.

cannonball said:

Unlike Mouldy I left this map with over 400 cells, 50 rockets and 2 megaspheres completely unused. Which means I have been officially declared a boring old fart who is anti-fun :P

heh, I spunk ammo like nobody's business. I did try getting some infighting going but its too much fun popping those red caco-balloons with rockets.

Also I forgot to mention how glad I am that none of the nukage was damaging.

Map14: Dog Eat Dog

Yes, this map was great fun. Personally I found the previous map a bit harder than this but that's probably because I remembered blob's maxdemo route pretty well and used much of the same tactics as he did. I did die a couple of times though and I'm definitely not saying that this map isn't hard. Visually the map is also very well done although I'm not sure what exactly it's supposed to be. The rock and grey tech textures mesh really nicely with the nukage.

My strategy here was basically to run straight for the RK, then straight to the Yk area and clean that place up. I guess at this point you could start rocketing the shit out of that Caco swarm gathering on the literal doorstep but I opted to provoke as much infighting as possible. After I had seen enough of the slaughtering, I did kind of a midway clean-up and killed the remaining Cacos and Mancs and whatnot. At this point I also took out the tower structure and the enemies within which rewarded me the Plasma Gun. I had no real plan for the BK flying swarm so I just ran around spamming plasma which worked all right. It's pretty straightforward clean-up job from that point on since you have like ten enemies total left, three of them being the Cybers. This route was actually pretty reliable and I don't think there were really overly dangerous spots if you just concentrate. I too had two extra megaspheres left behind along with a shitload of rockets so I suppose I just joined the anti-fun brigade as well. Nevertheless, this was a really good map and probably even my favorite so far.

Map 14 - Dog Eat Dog - 100% Kills - HMP Skill.

Another semi-realistic level, this one based in some sort of waste dump site adjacent to a freeway. Difficulty isn't as bad as the last level mainly due to the abundance of health and ammo, although certain spots definitely gave me trouble.

I made the mistake of picking up the red key first, which triggers a huge gaggle of cacodemons in addition to the other monsters I hadn't killed yet that were up on the higher ledges. The spider mastermind and the first cyberdemon were easy to take down due to the ample amount of cover. However, the final cyberdemon near the level's end proved to be a bigger challenge.

I'm certainly getting impressed by this mapset now. Starting from map 11, all of the maps so far have been entertaining, challenging, and good looking.

MAP15 - UV - max - scratch start - 0 deaths - I cheated to find the secret exit.

Great map with lots of actual places like : The sauna , the bowling bar , the pool and the virtual reality game with enemies in windows.
This map is acutally really easy , actually...Way too easy compared to the previous map.

Also: When do we review 3 maps at one day? The secret maps?

Map15 - “Miss Sporty” by Adolf Vojta
Lol map :P
You get the SSG, this is your best friend for this map. I had to leave the cacos until later which is good as you get the bfg when you go through the yellow door. Technically this map isn't as good as previous maps but to be honest this map should not be taken too seriously and find all the amusing areas this map contains. The toughest parts are the start and the cyber to be honest.
Yeah map31 and 32 should also be done today, but frankly map31 is going to cause some issues :P
BTW I went for 100% kills and secrets, I know the location of the secret exit and the method to get there, but accessing the secret exit means you cannot get 100% kills.

MAP15 Miss Sporty

If anything, this is one of the greatest maps ever. There's a tennis court, an indoor track, a bowling alley (and a pool table), and a swimming pool, complete with lockers, toilets, and safewalk mats. Monsters having fun? Probably. Seeing as how the mancubi and revenants are playing doubles in tennis (with cacos coming in as spectators) I guess it makes sense. To get to MAP31, an archie jump is required in the bowling alley. I didn't go there seeing as how it's not marked as a secret AND I'm not getting 100% kills that way. So sorry to Magnusblitz, who wanted me to do the secret levels, cuz I'm skipping them entirely. Oh well, I at least had fun with enemies who already are having fun. For some reason, I missed the invulnerability in the track area where the cyberdemon spawned, and ran back to the tennis court before coming back to kill him and his imp buddies. There were cacos teleporting to the tennis court in the meantime and enemies in the announcement booth. That being said, the teleporting monsters may just be at their worst, appearing behind me, in front of me, and the west game. Oh God, that fucking West Game section. You put hitscanners in an annoying arcadey place that teleport every now and then, but truth is I never know where they end up. And those fuckers have 360° vision. Reason I can't do no-hitter reality on this map, other than the other teleporting freaks. Other than the west game section this is a map to love. Final Time 5:32.

Map11 - “Execution” by Adolf Vojta
Map12 - “King Arena” by Adolf Vojta
Map13 - “The Holocaust II” by Adolf Vojta

I played these last night and my main impressions are that the overall increase in quality has been maintained I felt the progression objectives were less clear, which has removed some of the enjoyment for me due to the levels losing some of their previously break neck pace. I also feel like I am being overly compensated with health in HNTR so maybe I should have played in HMP. My least favourite map of this bunch was MAP11 aside from the cool start and the best probably MAP14. That layered wall was something I've been wanting to fit into a map but I doubt I'd have executed it quite so well.

Map31 - “Devastation” by Adolf Vojta
Holy crap!!!!
Many many deaths came from this map. That is all. Perhaps the first half of the map is tougher than the second as simply getting a foothold is very difficult here, once you get some safe spots then the map does ease a little. Didn't find the one secret though, I did find and leave through the secret exit.

Map15: Miss Sporty

Miss Sporty then huh. The sports theme and design is very funny and well done alright but the gameplay isn't just as great as in some of the previous maps. I thought the combat resembled that of Research Complex's very much in that it's lots of cramped close-quarter combat and corridors with monster blocked lines. There are a few bit more open areas like the bowling alley or the tennis court for variation though. It's also way easier than the previous two and in fact I only died once in an Archie crossfire near the start. The finale was kind of a mixed bag since the hitscanner sequence was pretty boring but on the other hand the monster mash after that was a nice surprise. But yeah, it's a gimmick map and I can appreciate it like that but still, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the last map. Still good though so not much to worry.

Map31: Devastation

A fitting name for such a devastating map. It's a slaughtermap pure and simple, think No Guts No Glory from Alien Vendetta or Playground from Hell Revealed II but in a slightly smaller package. I didn't even attempt a no-save run because I'm not even nearly skilled enough in crowd control to do it but I did complete it in about 20mins with saves. Didn't find the lone secret but did find the secret exit and left behind an empty battlefield so I consider this a success all in all.

I started the map without any previous knowledge of where to go and what to do so it felt pretty damn hopeless to just die over and over again without any kind of indication of progress. I watched a demo then on youtube, I think it was Rizeras, for some hints for route and used that in the early stages of the map. And suddenly the map became much less hopeless and deaths were a bit more uncommon. Still, especially the Archie clusters in the corner rooms of the map were the banes of my existence as I struggled to get past them smoothly like Rizera did and died many and more times in both of them. The second part of the map was indeed a bit easier and I think I only died a handful of times there in total, mostly in the final room with the regular exit. Didn't really have time adore the visuals since I was struggling for survival or strategizing my next move most of the time so not much to comment on that part haha.

Map 15 - Miss Sporty - 100% Secrets - HMP Skill.

I really liked this level. Design-wise it had a rather realistic feel to it. A bowling alley, swimming pool, tennis court, and track. In particular I like the small touches like the tough fight in the showers and the "bowling" puzzle in the bowling alley. The overall monster encounters ranged from too-close encounters, or wider open battles. The final hitscanner target practice area was rather tricky in the sense that it was hard to avoid getting hit.

No kills are listed as I ended up playing this map twice. The first I got 100 kills but couldn't reach the secret exit. Upon a second playthrough I found that an archvile jump is needed so the whole westgate section can never be accessed without cheating. Although knowing in advance that map 31 is potentially the hardest map in the pack, I don't know if I should consider myself lucky.

Map15 - “Miss Sporty” by Adolf Vojta

Very amusing map, full of nice touches and gratuitous killing. My favourite moments included rev on a diving board and flushable toilets but I pretty much enjoyed the whole thing. Could have done with a rocket launcher though, the SSG fest started to wear a bit thin with so many big monsters to plough through. Had a hilarious moment with the surpise cyberdemon where I danced around his feet for a few seconds, for some reason he decided not to shoot me, so I let him live as well.

The secret exit is accesible without archvile jump by the way, there is a switch round the back of the table in the alcove that gives access to the bar.

Map31 - “Devastation” by Adolf Vojta

Man, this map is hilarious fun. One of those maps so full of enemies that it becomes like a puzzle to solve how to survive. The greatest moment comes after clearing the whole area and then discovering another area next door with even more monsters. Space is at a premium, even for the monsters who struggle at times to get to you. Very few opportunities to run wildly around dodging missiles, its more a case of ducking and diving around corners and over parapets. Although there probably is enough health and ammo to brazen it out with bfg if you are feeling reckless.

Dog Eat Dog - K:100% S:100%

I think I may have found my new favorite map. Despite the amount of slaughter that goes into the map I never felt really overwhelmed, although those Pain Elementals spewed out a few too many Lost Souls. The theme appears to be Nukage Facility that was busted open, leaving a crater and a wide open space. I'm really happy it was non-damaging. I made extensive use of the U-shaped elevator building, it served me well as an anti-Cacodemon fortress :).

There are an abundance of health items, and plenty of ammo for all weapons though if you think you can get by BFGing everything in the level, you'd be mistaken.

I don't know what it was but the Cyberdemon in the blue key area killed me about 10 times. I had a little over 100 cells so I didn't want to waste them on him and I opted not to use rockets despite the abundance of those lying around. I dueled him with the SSG and I guess just got careless or something because it took me quite a few tries to best him.

Overall, a difficult, but fun map. Kama Sutra is really hitting its stride now.

Miss Sporty - K:100% S:0%

I wasn't as fond of this map as others here. It is still a good map but didn't care for some of the battle implementation here. For example not once but twice I found myself hanging out at the top of stairs while waiting for a horde of monsters to sometimes pass by so I can shoot them. Once with Cacos leading into the tennis court and another time in the shower/bathroom entrance with the Imps, Chaingun Guys, and the two or three other random monsters down there. The rooms are wonderfully crafted though and the architecture is stunning and fun, not to mention kooky, which we come to expect.

Overall this map wasn't too difficult except for the very end fight after the hitscanner shooting gallery. I actually couldn't figure out to get the barriers down until after I cheated to release the mob. Oh well. Ammo and health was plentiful.

I found the entrance to the secret level so I took a sneak peak at it. Yeah, no thanks. Holocaust II and Dog Eat Dog have already pushed my slaughter button far beyond the brink as will the rest of this wad. Devastation is overboard for me, gents.

Map 31 - Devastation - 100% Kills - HMP Skill.

My first impressions of this map were that I had made a terrible mistake and should've just stuck with going right to map 16. I don't know how many times I died until I found some hiding spots and strategic vantage points to take down the monsters. After a while, the level became not only beatable, but a hell of a lot of fun.

I'm reminded heavily of such slaughterfests as Hell Revealed 2's playground throughout this map as much of it involves finding a safe place where you won't have about a dozen demons shooting projectiles at you.

I already expected the level to be in two halfs although for the most part I found the other side to be easier. Perhaps by then I was used to its difficulty. Either way, I felt both exhausted and satisfied once I reached the end, and found the secret exit (nowhere near as cryptic as the last one!) Great level, but holy hell it's a hard one.

Time to catch up a bit after some of my usual mid-month slump.

Map 13 -- The Holocaust II - 109% Kills / 100% Secrets
This map's bark is quite a bit worse than its bite. I'd even go so far as to say that it's easier than Holocaust I, at least when one compares the marquee fights. They're very similar in a lot of ways, using big blocks of dangerous monsters in formation that can quickly converge on the player, but in this case there are a lot more options for dealing with the fight than either 'manning up' or 'skipping it entirely'--you can trigger it and turtle from a few different places, stir up some prime infighting more easily, etc.

There are a number of other callbacks to Holocaust I as well, from ending with a cyberdemon encounter to the little 'monsters hiding at the top of some stairs' bit just off the big intersection fight, and a number of others. There's some new stuff too, of course, ala the big silly imp clusterfuck on the roof (probably my favorite part, actually). Really, I'd say that's what characterizes the map's gameplay more than anything--it's full of big slavering hordes of monsters and a lot of setups that can appear rather intimidating at a glance, but in practice the way they are placed relative to architecture and the locations of useful items means that, most of the time, the player is more than equipped to slaughter the hellspawn wholesale, either in relative safety or in direct, chivalrous combat. In this sense the KS maps are starting to show a little more flexibility in how they can be played (though this is still quite linear in terms of progression), which I'm sure many folks can/will appreciate.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. The only thing I really didn't like much was the first cyberdemon's placement--he was just a timesink where he was, stuck up in that little box, and his appearance is timed such that you really have to go out of your way to use as an infight-turret or something like that.

Map 14 -- Dog Eat Dog - 102% Kills / No actual secrets
This one's a lot of fun. In contrast to many of Gusta's previous maps (and his next one), it's big (although not 'long'), open, and non-linear, a mostly-abstract fresh-air playground that invites the player to haul ass around the place at top speed, engaged in constant battle with the scads and scads of hellspawn populating the place.

I think it's a fine-looking playground, for what it is. The plutonic bricks go fairly well with that vaguely Wolfenstein-esque tan rock texture from DooM II, and the gallons and gallons of green ooze (which can be run about it in freely, given that it is non-damaging) provide a welcome splash of color. It's not very architecturally sophisticated--lots of simple, cuboid shapes apart from the sharp angles of the rocky perimeter--but its consistently large scale is a pleasing contrast with the relatively cramped corridors of previous maps, and it has a number of engaging vistas, the best of all being the view of the underside of some supersized cement overpass near its end.

Despite the heavy and constant opposition, it's really not a very stressful or oppressive play at all--apart from its aforementioned openness (read: which facilitates use of Doomguy's amazing speed), there are simply just so many megaspheres and so many rocket boxes (and a few marginally-useful blur spheres) lying around that you can go almost anywhere at almost any time and find some supplies to enable you to win whatever running battle you happen to be engaged in at any given moment. The best part is clearly the big caco swarm that guards the red key, as their flight ability lets them chase you into whatever part of the map you run to, making for a satisfying ongoing fight (and besides, everybody loves rocketing groups of cacos, right?). Unlike in the previous map, there is no particular encounter here I dislike, although I guess I do wish Gusta hadn't used another stupid monster-blocking line to delineate the last surprise cyberdemon's territory.

Good map, really feels a lot like something from Hell Revealed, and sort of looks the part, too.

MAP31 - UV - max - scratch start - savestate use - secret exit

Hard map with an insane amount of monsters , ammo and health , reminds me of HR MAP32 with all that insanity.
Nothing much in the map just 3 buildings , a barrack and 2 tunnels , really small and crampy map with nothing but slaughter.

MAP32 - UV - scratch start - max - savestate use

This map is easier and smaller and those cybers can be either helpful or a pain in the butt this map also uses commander keens and scatters all 4 in different yet difficult positions and the traps are boring , all are in the same place which makes this map really boring just to shoot monsters in one place , this map is boring.

MAP16 Leeds Castle

No matter how my run goes it's frustrating. In theory it might be possible to go no hitter here, but I didn't bet on it. The beginning in particular can totally single out chances. I've managed to avoid being hit in the beginning only once, using rockets to kill the chaingunners and then the zombiemen, hoping luck was on my side there. But I didn't bother with the rest. Pressing the switch in the zombiemen room allows me to go through the gates and leaves a lot of monsters to be dealt with in the beginning courtyard. I save them for later thoguh. I head for the right side next where the blue key is, and ran into two major problems. One, two cacodemons are way down in the nukage pit and I had to get close to trigger them. Took awhile for them to come up too. The second problem was the teleporter leading to the secret balcony where the imps were. For some reason I could never teleport there, even though I crossed the teleporter line. I got my blue key and then the yellow key by going in a counter-clockwise circle before returning to the beginning to pick off the ones left behind.

Fighting the big cybie after the blue and yellow switches was actually not easy, as the courtyard is quite cramped for this particular cyber battle. Nothing too important later on till the end. I really like the castle look, the courtyards, and the clock, but the level itself can be frustrating to go through. Not to mention the glitches I had! Final Time 7:53.

Map32 - “Anger Management” by Jakub Razak

A harsh little map, this took me a number of deaths and eventually a restart after a bad save before i figured out how to survive the opening. In the end it was the chance discovery of the secret red key that saved my bacon. God knows how you would do this without the plasma and bfg.. Its an interesting setup, giving you a choice of approaches. The main priority after surviving the start is getting rid of the 2 cybers in the central courtyard, and the 3rd that appears. Spider mastermind can be relied upon to help, and with that bfg its a lot easier. Then its just a case of clearing out the side rooms, which are a lot less deadly once you can take your time with them - both cybers within them can be worn down without any risk, one through a window and the other seems to be too far down in his pit to hit you. There are a couple of surprises and a few keens to hunt and then a dribble of monsters teleporting in at the end, but its really that opening that is memorable, the mad scramble for a safe spot.

MAP16 - scratch start - UV - 100% kills 66% secrets - savestate use

This wad starts to make better maps bigger and much free space maps this is going really good.
The second fight was very interesting with that SM mowing stuff for you , just for you yourself : the marine.
Then that mossy elevator really gonna tear your armor and guts with the vanilla physics.
The cyber was in a really detailed courtyard which was really easy to kill him once you killed the monsters high up waving with their fireballs.
Then theres that part with a big load of cacos and PE which was really easy to take out due to the "Block Monsters" linedef.
The final area behind the red door was really easy because of the plasma rifle in the inventory.