Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MALON

[Resolved] Does ACC no longer have dev builds?

It's been a few years since I've coded anything. It used to be that if you wanted to use the latest ACS features in zdoom, you'd visit DRDTeam SVN builds, snag the latest ACC build, and you're good to go.

But I notice that it's not really updated anymore. The last ACC build is almost a year ago. The most recent ACC I can find is from June (not terribly old), and it's listed on zdoom.org

So if I download a dev build of zdoom from DRDTeam, where can I get the accompanying dev ACC compiler?

Thanks!

I suppose it's worth asking if there have actually been any changes to the ACS compiler during that time, first. It ought to be significantly more stable than the parent port codebase, at this point. Innovations in the language that the compiler has to be aware of are few and far between.

There's no need for it.

In old times, each new internal function had to be added to the ACC compiler so a new dev build was necessary. But this was changed some years ago to only change the ACS headers for it.

Now, only getting the updated headers (zdefs.acs, zspecial.acs) is sufficient. You can download both directly from the git repo at

https://github.com/rheit/acc

As a result it makes no sense to create dev builds. You can use the official release with these header files.

Quasar said:

I suppose it's worth asking if there have actually been any changes to the ACS compiler during that time, first. It ought to be significantly more stable than the parent port codebase, at this point. Innovations in the language that the compiler has to be aware of are few and far between.

Thank you. I guess my understanding of what I'm looking for is wrong. I'll start more generically.

Better question: How can I update DoomBuilder2 to use the latest ZDOOM features?

Example:
http://zdoom.org/wiki/DropItem

DropItem for ACS was added 11-Aug-2013, just a couple weeks ago. I used to just download the latest ACC from DRDTeam, overwrite the .exe and zcommon, zdefs, zspecial, etc. and the latest features would work.

Thanks again!

Graf Zahl said:

There's no need for it.

In old times, each new internal function had to be added to the ACC compiler so a new dev build was necessary. But this was changed some years ago to only change the ACS headers for it.

Now, only getting the updated headers (zdefs.acs, zspecial.acs) is sufficient. You can download both directly from the git repo at

https://github.com/rheit/acc

As a result it makes no sense to create dev builds. You can use the official release with these header files.

You posted this as I was typing my other comment. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you very much for all your hard work, Graf!