Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Mapping Timelapses Thread

I have no idea why, but I find mapping timelapses extremely fascinating to watch. Does anyone else agree?

Here's one of mine. If you have any, please post them!

yah yah, stuff like this is cool. I'm always interested in seeing how people develop map ideas as a layout progresses. I suppose for a hefty project though it would require editing out portions of time spent playtesting, getting bored and alt-tabbing to browser, etc.

also I haven't heard that song in years -.-

Yeah, my unedited timelapse videos would consist mostly of me reading random internet pages, chatting on ICQ, playing other video games, etc. I absolutely can't concentrate on Doom Builder and get distracted by something every 5 minutes.

Marnetmar said:

I have no idea why, but I find mapping timelapses extremely fascinating to watch. Does anyone else agree?

Here's one of mine. If you have any, please post them!

Neat, but to me something like that would go better with Phillip Glass or some other Minimalism for background music.

Mh, that was good (not my kind of music, but whatever, there's a mute button).

I, too, love these kinds of timelapses. Actually, I enjoy most art timelapses (e.g. Sculptris, Zbrush, uh, painting, etc).

What impresses me most is how many lines you draw without bothering with textures or sectors heights. I gotta learn that, I open 3d mode for every sector I make.

I recorded some timelapse footage when I was still working on Vela Pax MAP01.

I thought about doing it again while I work on MAP04. The only issue is that sometimes my mapping consists of me staring at the grid for hours on end with little line drawing.

40oz said:

What do you use to record this stuff?

If I remember right, I used Hypercam (or some version of it). The recording process was pretty straightforward, but I had to edit the footage to speed it up. I used a program called Virtual Dub to do that.

@dew: HEH