Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Alternative idea...

Yes, for those who payed attention, I had to trash the original idea for that Doom music video. If you remembered, it was supposed to consist of me and my partner ridding the hordes of hell from the school campus. After discovering that Avid Cinema *coughblowsmoreassthanDooMBoyrapingboyswithbucketsofsaltcough* could not import graphics, I had to abandon the project, not to mention that it was due the day I had to dump it.

But behold! All is not lost! Just about an hour and a half ago (while I was still in the shower, don't get any ideas) I came up with a new idea that fits better with the theme of Cynic Guru's Doom. If I'm able to, I'll get my friend to come over next weekend. We'll spend all of one day taping what we need to tape. Assuming my Multimedia will still have the VCRs hooked up, I'll use the software to edit the tapes once again. About the only real complication is getting the MP3 onto a CD.

Oh, sorry, perhaps I should tell you what the theme of the video is. The aforementioned friend and I will will be playing co-op in the video (as that's part of the theme to the song). Though I'm not sure we'll REALLY play co-op, since we need somebody filming the other person, we WILL be acting like we are in the shots that'll be taken of us.

At the third chorus (if you've heard the song), our co-op game will end. When the words "Well there's nothing more I'd like than to see you splattered all over the place" come up, the camera will be zoomed in as far as it can to the monitor (we'll have to use Doom95 for this, shoot me). The deathmatch2 option will be checked, and it'll roll from there.

For the closing scene of the video, my friend and I will be in my room after our little DM session. We'll both be bored, but I have the perfect newbie solution. I'll go over to my bookcase, grab the first 2 novels (ACK!), hand him Hell on Earth, and the video ends with a close-up on me reading Knee-Deep in the Dead.

I know, it's corny, newbieish, and even a little boring, but it'll all be in good fun. It's also something to contribute to the community (as I have yet to make a major contribution to it). It's even safer than the previous idea. Since not even my teacher will look at it, we can all be assured that it will not seep into the wrong hands and then be mutilated by the media, as Fods warned me before.

So...thoughts?

I don't care.

Just make sure you fit Ralphis doing the Macarena somewhere in there.

Liam the Bard said:

Just make sure you fit Ralphis doing the Macarena somewhere in there.

Yes. And use a Winamp AVS plugin as a background for that.

Seriously, there's like half a million songs that are quite more easy and intuitive to reproduce in a video. INSTRUMENTAL songs, for starters...

You don't get it, Zaldy. I want the theme of this to BE about multiplayer and DOOM and such. Unfortunately, Cynic Guru's Doom is the only song I can think of at the time.

BTW, I WANT this video to be as stupid as possible. That's the whole point of it. Now that I think of it, Liam's idea (although I know it's sarcastic) might not be bad at all......

Zaldron said:

Want it to be stupid? Take clue on "Stomp your Feet" and "DDR" visuals.

*shudders*

Errrr...no thanks.

Anyway, I'll send it to Elbyran when it's done, if he'll want to post it in the DOOM Diversity section of his DOOM Depot.

BTW, I'll be off of AOL in 4 days; my mom finally got Roadrunner (it's the only cable broadband service here in SA), so I'll be able to send it to him if need be. w0000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!

What utter, unbridled.................hmm...............
/me tries to find the correct word that goes here, but fails

DooMBoy said:

Banndom?

DooMBoy said:

Codswallop

DooMBoy said:

Antidisestablishmentarianism?

DooMBoy said:

Smeg.