Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lizardcommando

Deathmatch or Coop?

What do you people think is funner, Deathmatch or Coop? To me, it's Deathmatch. The reason why? It's because it doesn't lag as much as it does in Coop, but like it really matters to me anyways because my modem is a shitty 56k. Deathmatch is also funner than Coop because they're alot more maps suited for Deathmatch, but the bad thing about is people cheat more on that than Coop. Oh well, what do you think is better?

Yeah, i have a 56k modem too, and if i had a faster connection i'd probably prefer coop, but since i havn't dm is better. I still wish u got mor coop servers tho. And, what do u mean by cheating? U can't cheat in multiplayer, unless u use ZDoom or sumthing and set sv_cheats to 1, unless ur counting the secret places. If u r then i disagree cos they're wot makes the game fun - map14 in dwango5.wad is the best map ever (especially when u'v added some extra secrets on ur own server's version, lol, not that many people come 2 a server where their ping is about 5000!).

I c. Is that just on original doom, on the zone, or do ppl use them on ZDaemon, cos i always assumed that ppl movin faster than me just had faster connections or computers, lol. That would explain a lot. Wotz the aimbot do? U can use auto-aim.

Aim bot is 100x different than auto-aim, one thing I noticed with it is people firing bfg and you are behind them so out of the blast area and the cone of death, but still it kills you and you see 3 guys in front of him die too :)

Fodders, I did not know that the aimbots had improved to include BFG effects. That is really a shame because using the BFG well is a learned skill, as well as avoiding it well. I was "introduced" to chaingun and shotgun aimbot last year, been seeing more use of speedhack this year. Very recently someone using speedhack was foolish enough to come into a game on my zdeamon server while I was there. I and another player both immediately noticed the abnormal speed and movement...it's easy to see when you've been playing for a while, without cheating, and suddenly someone else comes into the game...any abnormal movement is pretty obvious by comparison.
I had to block the offender from rarefiles without further discussion since he knows very well my objection to cheating on my servers and we've argued about it in the past. Only one person is banned, all others are welcome. :)
Hey, I saw that Modders was really hanging in there the other night, think it was the dcdwango server. She was polite, fun and a welcome addition to the game. Probably way too much BFG action going on for her preferences, but she did not complain.

Heheh yeh mod is polite bless. Yeh she isn't keen on bfg and avoids it even if others use it on her, only time she uses it is if she is stuck with it as only weapon :)

Single player is good, but i'm sorry - nothing can compare to online Dooming!!!