Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

floor lower to lowest floor not working with some sectors on vanilla.

I wanted to find the solution myself but this is getting harder. I'm using action 23 on one of my maps (I use that action a lot without inconvenients). this time I have 7 sectors to lower triggered by a linedef, the results: 5 of the 7 sectors lower normally and the remaining 2 keep unaffected except for you can hear its lowering sound indefinitely, I only have this problem with chocolate doom, I don't know what it is, all the sectors are closed and all the linedef indexes are ok. Thanks!

If any of your sectors are the same height, it might pay to join them. It might help if you post the map in question as well.

EDIT: Spelling. Fix yer quote Nicky! :P

Obsidian said:

If any of your sectors are the same height, it might pay to join them. It might help if you post the map in question as well.

Thanks Obsidian, all sectors have different heights, because I want some chaingunners to teleport in a time wave instead of at once (here I come artistic...), maybe it is a vanilla limitation, the map in question is almost finished so I don't want to spoil it before its beta release, I'll keep trying different methods and if I don't succede I'll make it simpler :).

Make sure none of the moving sectors are directly next to another moving sector. That seems to really mess with the actions working or not sometimes.

Do they lower correctly in -nomonsters? If the answer is yes, that probably means that some monsters are too close either to some wall or to each other.

You could post just that little part of the map.

Memfis said:

Do they lower correctly in -nomonsters? If the answer is yes, that probably means that some monsters are too close either to some wall or to each other.

You could post just that little part of the map.

It is fixed, they lowered correctly in -nomonsters, so I dragged the whole room away from the cramped surrounding section and it works fine now, this engine is mysterious as always, thanks everyone!

Obsidian said:

EDIT: Spelling. Fix yer quote Nicky! :P

LOL, me correcting you? That's funny, do you know the amount of time that takes me to write a decent sentence in english? I guess more than making a 32 level megawad. XD