Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zed

Doombuilder 1.68 Guide

Hello there. After many, many years without touching an editor, I thought it was time to give it a try again. So, I downloaded Doom Builder 1.68 (2.1 doesn't work since I have Windows 98), and the guide by Mr. Anderson. Unfortunately, I have the following issues:

-The guide is for another version, so a couple of things are different.
-3D mode doesn't seem to work with my laptop, and some features only seem to be explained in that section of the guide, even though I'm sure they work the standard way (am I right?).
-I can't access video tutorials, either, so I need a text, if that's possible.

Anyone here knows where can I get it? Thanks in advance, and good day.

Unfortunately version 1.2 is the most recent guide you're going to find. An update has been discussed at least once, but that's as far as it went.

I've found "Windowed 3D Mode" to be the best behaved option, then try experimenting with the texture filtering settings.

OK, I'll try that. I also recently downloaded XWE 1.16, how does it compares to Doom Builder?

XWE's primarily a wad editor, like Slade. Its map editing functions are clunky compared to Doom Builder's, so you'll mainly be using XWE for resource management tasks - adding patches, flats and music, merging wads, editing textures and etc. It should work well on Win98.

Yeah, I used it to delete the sound replacements in The Last Revenger, they are so bad that almost render the levels unplayable, IMO. Thanks for your replies, I'll see what I can do with these two.