Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

GTA 5 will be out tomorrow, has 98% on metacritic

GTA games have the tendency to get boring after a while, traditionally anyway. Though I did thoroughly enjoy Vice City way back when. This game looks like a new direction and Rockstar made sure to put tons of things in to ensure it doesn't get boring. I'm definitely up to giving it a shot!

If you're going to play it, at least do yourself a favor and wait until it's not on seven years old hardware.

Also, SR4.

Picked up the Special Edition when it was released at midnight here... looking forward to playing the shit out of it! The only two games I play are Doom and the GTA family of games.

If you buy games at launch, you're just begging to be disappointed. I'll wait for the real, not-written-by-paid-shills reviews, thanks.

Fully preordered it months ago, took tomorrow off just to play it all day. I'm fucking ready.

I'm gonna buy it for the PS4 when it comes out. I don't have to get it immediately like the majority of the people. You know why?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I hate seeing everyone throw mid or high 90s when nothing is perfect. Come on, let's see some 70s and 80s unless some critics got paid to give high scores.

Meh, I'll wait for this to drop in price. If you've played one of the 3D GTAs, you've played them all IMO. GTA4 was a regression after SA. Sounds like this is a lot better than GTA4, but I've already bought essentially the same game four times now. GTA5 needs to have everything the previous games did and more to justify buying it. Storyline in these games doesn't do it for me.

Technician said:

*sigh* I wish I was a woman so I could facepalm at this even harder.

There will be a PC version. They are simply releasing the console versions first so that fewer people will just pirate the PC version and not buy the game for the consoles.

Its a smart strategy as well, and I wished people just did that instead of filling the PC versions of games with DRM crap.

I preordered it as well. What I'm really looking forward to (and confused about) is the multiplayer. I read somewhere that GTA online won't be available for two weeks. Does this mean no co-op until then? If so I would be pretty annoyed, as one of the main reasons I'm buying it is to play alongside some friends.

hardcore_gamer said:

There will be a PC version. They are simply releasing the console versions first so that fewer people will just pirate the PC version and not buy the game for the consoles.

Its a smart strategy as well, and I wished people just did that instead of filling the PC versions of games with DRM crap.

Yeah, there probably won't be an ps3 iso of this game up the moment the game gets released like every other game.

Not actually looking forward to it, not too fond of the changes that make the game easier such as regen health either.

Looks fun, anyway. I guess we'll know more tomorrow. It'll have to rock pretty hard to dethrone Saints Row as current queen of the urban open world genre.

After getting GTA IV for PC when it was first ported over and subsequently experiencing the slow frame rates that made it unplayable, I think I'll wait before getting the GTA V port (if one is indeed planned).

hardcore_gamer said:

Wouldn't count on it. Red Dead: Redemption is one of Rockstar's highest selling and rated games. It came out a full 2 years after GTA4. To this day Rockstar has not made any plans to port it to pc. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar does not port GTA5.

Fuck Metacritic and fuck anyone who thinks their enjoyment of a video game can be expressed mathematically (and SUPER fuck publishers who screw developers based on any number Metacritic shits out, but that's another topic)

Jodwin said:

If you're going to play it, at least do yourself a favor and wait until it's not on seven years old hardware.

Also, SR4.

I really rather play the game on the platform that the developers have spent years mastering rather then some new shit that they're not yet competent with. What are we missing out on? Some slightly higher res textures and whatever new filter that I'd probably turn off anyway (if it where on PC)?

That said: Saint Row 4 is actually really good and I say that playing the censored Australian version. Holy-moly!

Obsidian said:

I DO NOT LIKE GRAND THEFT AUTO.

*Hides*

Meh I lost all interest when GTA 4 came out and I own the same GTA games on 4 platforms.

To me, the actual gameplay of GTA games has never really felt all that satisfying. Thus, I've never really made it very far through the story mode of any GTA game I've owned. Sure, it's fun to jack a car and go on a rampage, but the actual missions have always felt boring, and I've never liked the feel of the gun mechanics and whatnot. I will say GTA V looks impressive, but unless they fix the issues I've had with combat mechanics and whatnot, it seems like a waste of time. Am I the only one who didn't like how combat tends to work in the GTA games?

In order from first to last I've played through SA, IV, EFLC and VC, and I can say I enjoyed VC the most.