Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Nigerian Student Uses Magnets To 'Prove' Gay Marriage Is Wrong

Folks, the corruption of society over homosexuals and gay marriage continues with a Nigerian student trying to prove that gay marriage is wrong with magnets. In the video, he shows that an A and B magnet sticks together, but two of the same type won't. With that, he says gay marriage is wrong, but I feel that's bullshit.

Go here for more info:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/16/nigerian-student-gay-marriage_n_3934518.html

Replace the sex aspect of his magnet logic with pretty much anything else (ex, species) and the idiocy isn't too difficult to catch.

His entire thesis boils down to the fact that "like" does not attract "like."

And he didn't do too well in biology, it seems.

Nigeria is incredibly homophobic. In the northern 12 states, which are under Shari'a law, same-sex acts are illegal and committing one means you will literally be stoned to death. Other parts of Nigeria only institute 14 years in prison.

His entire thesis boils down to the fact that "like" does not attract "like."

My wife would argue otherwise.

Actually, I find marriage pointless in all ways. Also, I don't care about sexual orientation though. At all. Why would I? I have nothing to do with other people likings.

I don't get the reason why prejudice is there.

Amalaha hopes to win a Nobel Prize someday for his work.

This is the best part.

looks like the video on youtube isn't even the good Doctor's, it's some random fool playing with magnets.

so nigerian* doctor uses metaphor. this is newsworthy.

*nigera; main mineral exports copper, coal and AIDS.

Captain Red said:

I think he might literally believable that gay men have sex by bumping there dicks into each other.

He knows, he's a doctor in the field. Previous research by his Ugandian colleagues also indicates they later eat the poo poo.

Generally if you swap one of the magnets upside-down they'll stick together. Maybe he's just an advocate for 69ing.

the corruption of society over homosexuals

If you say that over one Nigerian guy doing something stupid with magnets, one has to wonder what would be your reaction regarding the hundreds of millions who believe sexual preference is solely determined by birth and is immutable, despite overwhelmingly abundant scientific evidence our sexuality is a mix of nature and nurture and can change during our life.

This above opinion is particularly cringe-inducing because it's born out of rejection of American conservatism values ("being gay is bad, and you choose to be gay so you're bad") and attempts to contradict these by saying "you are born gay so you can't do anything about it and you should be accepted". But when you think about it, it's just as offensive to homosexuals, with the implicit notion that if you would have a choice, you would choose not to be gay; ergo, either line of thought makes the assumption there is something wrong with being gay.

But yeah. Let's point and laugh at that one Nigerian dude, not at the hundreds of celebrities who promote an incorrect, homophobic idea while claiming to defend gays.

In an ideal world, the stance would be "That guy wants to marry that other guy and the reasons are non of your fucking concern" but we're combating a pretty deeply rooted cultural problem.

I think some people believe that even though that "they can't help it" is at best, irreverent, that little white lie might be enough to get people to stop treating gays like half priced shit for long enough to normalize it to the point that enough people see the gays aren't burning down the world.

So did he find some magnetic monopoles to make his demonstration? Because otherwise, every magnet's North pole (the dick) is attracted to every other magnets' South pole (the butt) and vice-versa, which proves that magnets are all gay.

Uh so what they're saying is the front side is attracted to the back side? And the back side is attracted to the front side?

So does that mean the penis likes the butt and the butt likes the penis? Seems like this 'scientist' read his map upside-down.

geo said:

Uh so what they're saying is the front side is attracted to the back side? And the back side is attracted to the front side?

i'm just gonna go ahead and think this was the actual conclusion for the study in the first place.

Even a bloke staring at a carton of orange juice just because it says concentrate is smarter than this tosser.

Amalaha hopes to win a Nobel Prize someday for his work.

The chance's of this ever happening is about the same as Glassyman winning "Best Gameplay mod award".

do you not think there are worse things in nigeria to get outraged about than some ignorant hedge-scientist's opinion about gay magnets?

fix the AIDS and the murder and the corruption and the lack of fucking education and the fucking lunatics with machine guns and the starving population. then talk to me about gay rights.

darknation said:

fix the AIDS and the murder and the corruption and the lack of fucking education and the fucking lunatics with machine guns and the starving population. then talk to me about gay rights.

When the Religion of Peace inevitably makes it's way to Nigeria, I'm confident these problems will be remedied.

/bizzaro world