Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Flammable

[Sounds] Custom Door Sound w/ NO replacing default door sound.

Heey, Doow World. I am learning every GZDoom Builder abilities, such as room over room, custom monsters, many linedefs actions and many ACS scripting abilities, also i learn MAPINFO, (and other lumps abilities), and i want to learn it all before i start making my 32 maps wad. And today i have stuck at Custom Sounds... I want to have many types of door, and every unusual type gotta have it own sound. It is just too booring that everydoor in doom have just 2 sound types...

Anyway, i have tried to search how to do that, and i got confused.
I tried to so something with SNDINFO and with sequenceinfo and with ACS scripting. And result was such a failure. I am trying to make this damn door thinrd day, and i still dont get it.

>>>>>>>>>So can you please explain me how to make Custom Door sound, without replacing default one.

also: I'v seen the testdoor.wad with a slide door, it has custom sound. but i dont get it, how did they put sound on it, I know how to make custom switches with custom sounds, and i use GZDoomBuiler,XWE, and mapping only in UDMF.

Doors and lifts and the like use sound sequences. It's a bit intimidating because there are lots of notions, but it's actually rather simple to use.

First, you need to define sounds. You do this in SNDINFO.

Next, you define your sequence with these sounds. You do this in SNDSEQ.

Finally, in your lift/door/crusher/etc. sectors, you assign the custom sequence by using the soundsequence = <insert name of your sequence> property. Alternatively, you can place a sound sequence thing with its number.

For sliding or rotating doors, and other uses of polyobjects, you need to use the sound sequence number in the polyobject's defining linedef, be it Polyobj_ExplicitLine or Polyobj_StartLine. At the moment, there are no ways to refer to a sound sequence by name for a polyobject.

Gez said:

Doors and lifts and the like use sound sequences. It's a bit intimidating because there are lots of notions, but it's actually rather simple to use.

First, you need to define sounds. You do this in SNDINFO.

Next, you define your sequence with these sounds. You do this in SNDSEQ.

Finally, in your lift/door/crusher/etc. sectors, you assign the custom sequence by using the soundsequence = <insert name of your sequence> property. Alternatively, you can place a sound sequence thing with its number.

For sliding or rotating doors, and other uses of polyobjects, you need to use the sound sequence number in the polyobject's defining linedef, be it Polyobj_ExplicitLine or Polyobj_StartLine. At the moment, there are no ways to refer to a sound sequence by name for a polyobject.

I was trying to get it work for hours. Can you send wad example? it is always easy to see how it looks like. But in testdoor.wad there is no sound seqence on map, but is in wad. I just dont know what to do, it is difficult to do first time...

There is what i have

SNDINFO:
door1_start doorstr
door1_mid doormid
door1_end doorend

SNDSEQ:
:Door1
door 0
playuntildone door1_start
playrepeat door1_mid
stopsound door1_end
end

Then i was trying to put Custom SoundSeqence property on a door sector.

i was trying it like

:Door1
:Door
:1
Door1
Door

And noone works...

I was also messing with acs scripting (SoundSequence, SoundSequenceOnSector) but that fails too. I've got upset, because of it...

I still cant get it work, everytime it plays just a default sound.
When i try it in Zdoom, it do not plays any sound on the door with specific sound sequence. I was looking for any wad in udmf that using it, but i did not found any. Can you guys help me, maybe there is something wrong with SNDINFO or SNDSEQ?

Flammable said:

.... maybe there is something wrong with SNDINFO or SNDSEQ?

That is most unlikely since it works in mods using SNDINFO and SNDSEQ.

Have a look in zdoom.pk3 or gzdoom.pk3 how SNDSEQ is used.
Have a look in ZDCMP2 how they used SNDINFO and SNDSEQ to set up the doors and platforms.

If all that fails, do a search for SNDSEQ on the ZDoom forum.