Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m0l0t0v

how many DOOMERS are there?

deadnail said:

I'm six, you can call me sixtysix. Damn I'm clever. Oh wait, no I'm not. Shit.

Sorry that makes you seven :)

If you say you're 42nd , then this makes me the 43rd. I think they're must be around 1000. At least in the 5 digits.

I think I've quoted a number of about two million when I've written about it (post-Columbine rants). I'm not sure where I got that number, might be ass-borne.

Can anyone get any good numbers as to how many times the Doom demo has been Dl'd? What portion of these people would be considered "Doomers"?

m0l0t0v said:

Great! A dozen people posted a reply, but none of them
even tried to seriously answer my question!

erm, does it look like we know the exact number?

m0l0t0v said:

For all you statistics out there...
I was just wondering, how many DOOMERS are there anyway?
(un)official numbers and guesses are welcome.

Okay,to get somewhere near a answer what is your exact definition of a Doomer?

IMJack said:

Can anyone get any good numbers as to how many times the Doom demo has been Dl'd? What portion of these people would be considered "Doomers"?

Uh, well I had an old article somewhere that said at one point in time, Doom was installed on 85% of all home PCs in the US.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but I once read somewhere that in the beginning of 1994 there were like 13 million copies of Doom Shareware installed in the world, and only 12 million copies of Windows.

FlatHead said:

I can't remember the exact numbers, but I once read somewhere that in the beginning of 1994 there were like 13 million copies of Doom Shareware installed in the world, and only 12 million copies of Windows.

that's just love.

I'm not really a doomer any more. I just hang around here to pick up chicks.

When the newdoomgame comes out will have too many newbies. If you have ever been to a Quake 3 forum its really crazy :-( Too bad, all the development in mods and megawads will be for the newdoomgame and not for the classics :-/

[doomboy]I'm doomer 69! Get it!? 69? roflmao! hahahahahahahaha! I'm so funney![/doomboy]

As if you couldn't tell, I got my inspiration for that comment from DWJ. DWJ r0><0rz!

Derrick said:

When the newdoomgame comes out will have too many newbies. If you have ever been to a Quake 3 forum its really crazy :-( Too bad, all the development in mods and megawads will be for the newdoomgame and not for the classics :-/

Heh, I'll at least finish my TC if it's not done by the time the new doom comes out (and it's quite within the realm of possibility that it won't be done).

I think they're must be around 1000. At least in the 5 digits.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAHHHHAHAHH HAHA HAHAHAHHA .... ROFL LMAO HAHAHHAH HAH HA heh.

I hope I'm not the only one that picked up on that.

I've been wondering the same thing, lately. Just how many peeps play doom, or edit levels for doom or do doom oriented things these days?

Orion: YOU'RE NOT A DOOMER! Why are you even here?

I started an DOOM style map in DOOM 2 and it's, well, ... it's looking like DOOM. I, for one, know that I am a Doomer.

To me you have to either edit DOOM or play DOOM to be a doomer. Hanging out in doomworld.com does not automatically make you a doomer (Orion, *COUGH*)

Having DOOM memorabilia such as DOOM Registered version 1.666 still in the shrink wrap does not in itself make you a doomer. (Orion, *COUGH*)

Peeps, I'm telling you, we should all make DOOM style maps! It's easy! It really is! This one I just started is the closest I've come yet. It really feels like E2. Small sectors, nice detail, not annoyingly perplexing detail-- just nice detail. Conistent theme/atmosphere. Come on y'all, you know you want to.

Damn it. Romero never made that E1 style map. Maybe I will bother him again.

/me chants "DOOM STYLE MAPS! DOOM STYLE MAPS! DOOM SYTLE MAPS!

And not episode 4 style. That was so incongruent with the first 3 episodes.

This rant's end is met here.<---

Hellbent said:

Orion: YOU'RE NOT A DOOMER! Why are you even here?

To pick up chicks with the_dan.

Hellbent said:

annoyingly perplexing detail

DOESN'T EXIST kthxbye