Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Average Faces of Women around the World

I call bullshit on Afghanistan: where could they ever find a large enough sample of uncovered, frontal photos of women's faces, which would also have to let themselves to be photographed on their own free will?

I call bullshit on it in general. But eh whatever.

btw Samoa.

Not to mention that every face in there appears to be 20 or something. I take it as a curiosity, at best. And if you ask me, the French and the Russian are the hottest.

Maes said:

I call bullshit on Afghanistan: where could they ever find a large enough sample of uncovered, frontal photos of women's faces, which would also have to let themselves to be photographed on their own free will?

Perhaps they're ethnic-Afghans living in a free-er country?

Krispy said:

Sweden wins.

My mother's side of the family is Swedish. People think my 60 year old mom is 40. Now it makes sense looking at Sweden. People think I'm 10 - 15 years younger than I am. We have smaller skulls. So it makes us look a lot younger. Asians tend to be smaller too and eternally young.

It's little wonder so many women become insecure about their appearances, if these are supposed to be AVERAGES.

Kontra Kommando said:

Perhaps they're ethnic-Afghans living in a free-er country?

So most of them would be actually Russian citizens?

Mexico is now obese the Mexican women dont look fat. Do these women really all have the same smile? What about blue eyes.

See, I was once told that one's imprinted idea of "normal" is what is most attractive to us, so I suppose it would stand to reason that the "average" face is one we quite like the look of. I don't think I saw a single face in all of those pictures that I didn't find attractive, so perhaps there's some truth to that particular bit of here-say.

This is remarkably useless though. Is there a male equivalent, so us nerds can all get insecure about our own faces? Wouldn't want Nightmare Doom to come back and start accusing us all of stuff again.

I feel the artist has done some cherry picking and selected the most similar specimens he had photographed, most certainly disregarding racially-specific characteristics. But I guess that is kind of the point of this project.

The artist has most certainly been selective with his models to make sure his gallery follows the Golden Mean. In fact, the process used to select the symmetry of these girls kind of supports it.

The Greeks were right again.

Also, I'm not sure about his choice in categorizing these girls becasue he places a lot of them next to girls who ethnic heritage is quite separate from the others surrounding her.

Zed said:

Not to mention that every face in there appears to be 20 or something. I take it as a curiosity, at best. And if you ask me, the French and the Russian are the hottest.

You'd want to have an average age when making these types of comparisons.

Reputable source? Daily Mail? What the fuck is this shit?
Also, all of these women are really attractive or something? (I'm not reading the posts here too carefully) Maybe I need my eyes testing >_>

geo said:

Mexico is now obese the Mexican women dont look fat. Do these women really all have the same smile? What about blue eyes.

This is correct. Obesity is a real problem around here. Of course, it seems like a "politically correct" article, so I don't know what to think.

Technician said:

You'd want to have an average age when making these types of comparisons.

Can't argue with that.

Interestingly enough, he's taken care to select ethnicities that he can still find strong representations for. He's avoided Filipino and First Nation people for example.

He also found an Afghan that still looks like an intermediate between Aryan and Indo-Aryan. I've seen Afghan people look Oriental, Grecian, and Semitic.

Marnetmar said:

So the average woman is an 8/10? I call bullshit.

I once followed a discussion in a Greek PUA forum about Polish women: they all concurred that they looked stunning, and that while Greek women weren't bad, they looked somewhat exotic in comparison when one returned from Poland.

When travelling between Greece and Italy I got the same impression, especially in the past (90s), but this waned as the time went on.

I think that globalized trends mean that pretty much every "average" woman/girl within the "Western" world will tend to use the same make-up and hair styles, dress pretty much the same for club-going etc. and practically all will be properly nourished, well-developed and free from debilitating illnesses, ng so it's not easy to categorize an entire nation as "more attractive" than another...yet.

Income/economic differences between "Western" countries also are not enough to affect the way one looks anymore -for now, at least, but I don't know what the future will bring-, thanks to the ready and inexpensive access to cheap clothing, makeup, styling etc.

Assuming that the economic disparities don't result in actual malnutrition/stunted growth/illness etc. then both a woman living in Norway or one living in Albania can look near their best with little effort, and quite close to one another in terms of "PUA scores".

The difference was much more dramatic in the 60s and 70s, as my father told me: when he moved to Italy for studies, he found Italian women to be all looking like movie stars in comparison to what Greek women looked like at the time. But at the time the disparities of income were also enough to affect one's nutrition and growth, let alone one's styling...

Compare e.g. the average American woman in the 50s-60s with one from a war-struck European country during the same period.

Aliotroph? said:

If you average a lot of faces together with a computer the ugly bits disappear pretty quickly. Try it now!

What if I do some reverse "cherry picking" by selecting only the ugliest nigga motherfuckers for "averaging"?

Edit: meh, not ugly enough, both the result and the selection of ugly motherfuckers. Pity, this could've been a great tool for racists and white supremacists if it worked in their favour. Hmm...

Edit 2: Heh, I was correct. The good old boys don't seem very happy with the results.

Eris Falling said:

Reputable source? Daily Mail? What the fuck is this shit?

Indeed, they're like the English equivalent of Fox News. All the journalistic integrity of a mental patient scrawling incomprehensible nonsense on the wall using their own excrement.

Oh! They did include a Filipino model in the gallery, I missed her. A lot of Filipino I've met looked very Spaniard.

They didn't include a true Semite, however. I figure it would have been easier to get an Arabian girl than an Iranian one.

INB4 somebody calls me an anti-Semite.

schwerpunk said:

Oh God, I knew what it was and yet I still clicked it.

What's in there? I'm not sure I want to click this link, I'm in a shitty mood already.

Da Werecat said:

What's in there? I'm not sure I want to click this link, I'm in a shitty mood already.

Racism. Blatant, stupid and pointless racism. You might want to calm down first.

They're all really, really close.

But if I had to pick three, it would be India, South Africa, and Sweden.