Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zed

Mexican Drug War

What do you think about the Mexican Drug War? Here are some facts:

-Around 100,000 people killed/murdered in the last 10 years.
-Tijuana, Ciudad Juárez, Mexicali, Reynosa, Matamoros, Culiacán, etc., are extremely dangerous.
-Corruption like you've never seen before.
-Torture, everywhere.
-A general sense of insecurity.
-Violence, in general.

Opinions?

EDIT: Why is this tagged as "Dumb"? Do the mods here think this is dumb? You have to be fucking kidding me.

Zed said:

Opinions?

It's not good at all. I really have to wonder what the mexican government really thinks of the situation and if there is any real plan in dealing with it beyond more or less ceding the northern states to the cartels and their political and law enforcement allies. And of course the united states giving a bunch of guns to these guys doesn't help either.

Zed said:

Opinions?

War is fucking awesome, I hope they keep killing each other more and more for psychonarcotics!...wait, no, what the heck kind of a question is that?

Jodwin said:

War is fucking awesome, I hope they keep killing each other more and more for psychonarcotics!...wait, no, what the heck kind of a question is that?

I've lost 2 friends in this war. What do you think about that?

Zed said:

EDIT: Why is this tagged as "Dumb"? Do the mods here think this is dumb? You have to be fucking kidding me.

Don't stress, it's just the default setting for new threads.

Zed said:

I've lost 2 friends in this war. What do you think about that?

Like any sane human being I think that killing other human beings is fucking stupid. Just like having to ask what people think about the said killing of human beings is stupid as well - what kind of discussion were you expecting when you ask for opinions on a war?

I'm expecting opinions about the situation. I respect what you have to say, but don't expect me to react like a fucking candy if you're being sarcastic about a serious situation. Violence here is a serious issue. People kill here. People dies here. Don't expect me to take it as a fucking joke, because it's not.

Zed said:

What do you think about the Mexican Drug War? Here are some facts:

-Around 100,000 people killed/murdered in the last 10 years.
-Tijuana, Ciudad Juárez, Mexicali, Reynosa, Matamoros, Culiacán, etc., are extremely dangerous.
-Corruption like you've never seen before.
-Torture, everywhere.
-A general sense of insecurity.
-Violence, in general.

Opinions?

So... You're saying this is a... Bad... Thing?

Zed said:

I'm expecting opinions about the situation. I respect what you have to say, but don't expect me to react like a fucking candy if you're being sarcastic about a serious situation. Violence here is a serious issue. People kill here. People dies here. Don't expect me to take it as a fucking joke, because it's not.

Educated men and women with expertise in narcotics, law enforcement, sociology and history who meditate on this situation around the clock call it a clusterfuck. What do you expect from the posters on an off topic forum for a twenty year old video game?

Zed said:

I'm expecting opinions about the situation.

And what other opinion would be valid about war than "it sucks"? You're just expecting people to feel sorry for you and masking it into an expected circlejerk about an event that everyone in their right mind thinks to should have never occurred. Frankly, you aren't going to get a discussion on a topic like "What do you think about people killing people" because there's nothing to discuss.

Captain Red said:

What do you expect from the posters on an off topic forum for a twenty year old video game?

Respect. But I understand you, maybe I over-reacted. It's just that the situation here is quite serious, and I am probably biased. I apologize if I was rude, definitely not my intention. I just wanted to express my opinion. Things here are hard, even in Mexico City. Sorry if I offended you.

@Jodwin: It's OK, I thought you were being offensive, but it's all right. Let's discuss the issue, shall we?

Well, I suppose there would be people unfamiliar with the nature of Mexican Drug War. As this situations seems to be close to home for you, are there any books, movies or documentaries you'd personally feel paint a more accurate picture then others?

Captain Red said:

...are there any books, movies or documentaries you'd personally feel paint a more accurate picture then others?

Well, not really. You might find it hard to understand, but things in this place don't go that way. It's almost impossible to find a "neutral" opinion. I'm mostly interested in your thoughts. What does Doomworld thinks about this shit? That's all I want to know.

EDIT: Crappy post.