Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ribbiks

whisky.wad

Gameplay is good, intense but not unfair, and lots of supplies. I liked it. There's quite a lot that goes on in such a small space, but it doesn't feel cramped either. First AV encounter was surprisingly effective.

Visually it's whisky tango foxtrot, in a way that looks mostly on purpose but I don't know. It could still benefit from either some polish, or being made even more garish. Music is great and suited to the level.

Weird backwards difficulty curve, from tricky situation where you are surrounded to "shooting monsters in front of you" (there really should be some one-word term for this). Well, it's FDA-friendly (you die a few times near the beginning but never towards the end) so I'm not going to complain. Funny how AVs were made almost helpless by stupid zombies. :)

Memfis said:

"shooting monsters in front of you" (there really should be some one-word term for this)

"Boring", "unimaginative", "overly-simplistic" all seem pretty accurate to that idea to me.

hah, thanks ToD :), the zombie/AV fight was easier to cheese than I had thought. I guess it speaks to my inadequate testing, but ohwell it was just a silly speedmap. I'll make the next one uglier for ya :p