Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luke Dacote

Doom box art cover t-shirt

A new t-shirt appeared on Bethesda Store recently with the print of the Doom box art. I've been looking for a proper Doom shirt for a while so naturally I got excited. Unfortunately it seems the print is really low quality and looks rather faded. You can see it for yourselves here: http://store.bethsoft.com/apparel/mens/t-shirts/doom-box-art-tshirt.html

Anyway does anyone here know where I could purchase a Doom t-shirt with the box artwork?

If I make a Doom T-Shirt, will you buy it? What about a plushie?

Ragnor said:

Yeah, the gloss style breaks apart and flakes off over time

I'm not asking for a super glossy print. I just think the colours could have stood out more. I was kind of looking for a black shirt as well rather than a dark grey. Plus the estimated shipping to the UK (Where I live) is a little pricey. But if this is the best quality shirt I will find, I guess it'll have to do.

Interesting looking shirt. High quality intermission screen shirts would be awesome, you know the pictures of surface of deimos and picture featuring doom marine and daisy the pet rabbit etc.

Zed said:

If I make a Doom T-Shirt, will you buy it? What about a plushie?

Hell, yeah, me too. It would have to be aweome and flawless. 2-sided is a definite plus. What do you propose?

@GoatLord & kb1: It was not really serious, but if you want it, I can make it happen. Any ideas? Do you have something in mind? We can work it out.

Zed said:

Any ideas? Do you have something in mind?

Embroidery! That'd be a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of Doom t-shirts.

OK, I was thinking, before starting anything, I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid/illegal. Is it OK to make, for example, an imp or demon plushie, from a legal perspective? Using the Doom name on a T-Shirt? Even if it's original art, can I sell it? I'm not an expert on copyright, but I think that Bethesda, for example, has some kind of authorization from ID, right? But on the other hand, we have "common" people selling that kind of things on eBay on a daily basis. Where can we draw the line?

I doubt anyone would stop you making Doom plushies, it's how many and how you dispose of them that matters more. Selling or giving away a few as "handcrafts" should be fine, for larger quantities you'd probably need an IP licensing agreement of some sort.

GreyGhost said:

Embroidery! That'd be a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of Doom t-shirts.

Only if its the wall of souls texture or one of the various gore textures

Zed said:

OK, I was thinking, before starting anything, I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid/illegal. Is it OK to make, for example, an imp or demon plushie, from a legal perspective? Using the Doom name on a T-Shirt? Even if it's original art, can I sell it? I'm not an expert on copyright, but I think that Bethesda, for example, has some kind of authorization from ID, right? But on the other hand, we have "common" people selling that kind of things on eBay on a daily basis. Where can we draw the line?

I certainly wouldn't tell. Something like that Arch-vile poster, definitely something evil and wicked looking. Send a picture of your idea. If you can do it, 3XL please. Breast pocket a bonus. And something on both sides. Make 3 to 5 of them, and, as long as you price them reasonably reasonable, I'll buy 'em! (Paypal please)

I'm sure some others would take you up as well, if the quality is there. Could make a couple hundred bucks or so.

Well, after reading your responses, I might as well go ahead and make something. I still don't know what, though. I have a couple of friends who also happen to be artists, so a poster or two are likely to be done. Also, my main goal is not money, so I will probably make a very limited edition of something and, with this in mind, the price is going to be merely symbolic. Of course, if you have already something in mind or have any suggestions, criticism, help, etc., please feel free to say so. Again, this is only an idea for now, and will probably take a couple of months. Thanks again for your interest, and have a good day.

@kb1: Forgive my ignorance, but what is 3XL?

How long id has been selling merchandise? Since beginning perhaps because I remember I have seen wolf 3d shirt on ebay few years back. I got few doom shirts that I would like to have proper production date valuation, like one final doom shirt. I think it was sold at the same time as the final doom was launched but I would also like to know where it was sold and how many units were sold if possible.

Zed said:

Well, after reading your responses, I might as well go ahead and make something. I still don't know what, though. I have a couple of friends who also happen to be artists, so a poster or two are likely to be done. Also, my main goal is not money, so I will probably make a very limited edition of something and, with this in mind, the price is going to be merely symbolic. Of course, if you have already something in mind or have any suggestions, criticism, help, etc., please feel free to say so. Again, this is only an idea for now, and will probably take a couple of months. Thanks again for your interest, and have a good day.

@kb1: Forgive my ignorance, but what is 3XL?

I'm a big guy, so I need big shirts. "Triple Extra Large" :) By the way, I'm not interested, unless you make a few bucks for it. That might sound strange, but anything you do that's worth doing deserves some payment. It's how I can show my appreciation, and, besides, it would otherwise be me requesting that you do free stuff for me, which ain't right :) Just do a good job :)

Please see the red archvile in this image:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2834/59340653.jpg

The image is from this page: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/50406-my-doom-collection/.

The red archive is a little bit left of center, a little bit below center.

I know this is a really crappy angle, and tiny picture of the red archvile - there's a really super-high resolution image of it somewhere, but I can't remember where. Maybe someone else knows.

Anyway, that would make an awesome shirt! But, this is just a suggestion. Anything of that caliber would be awesome. Just no Doom 3!

kb1 said:

Please see the red archvile in this image:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2834/59340653.jpg

The image is from this page: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/50406-my-doom-collection/.

The red archive is a little bit left of center, a little bit below center.

I know this is a really crappy angle, and tiny picture of the red archvile - there's a really super-high resolution image of it somewhere, but I can't remember where. Maybe someone else knows.

Anyway, that would make an awesome shirt! But, this is just a suggestion. Anything of that caliber would be awesome. Just no Doom 3!

Try this one, it's fresh off my scanner. Unfortunately the manual's seen better days.

(825x1250 - 1.3MB)

I think it's more likely one of the imp/baron hybrids from the Ultimate Doom Poster

GreyGhost said:

Try this one, it's fresh off my scanner. Unfortunately the manual's seen better days.

I think it's more likely one of the imp/baron hybrids from the Ultimate Doom Poster

I got that that as a huge ass poster:

I also linked this picture to poster related thread on fan fics/ fan pics

There's plenty stuff out there if you're willing to look for it. I bought the official Doom 2 strategy guide on amazon for $0.01 yesterday.

terminus12 said:

http://www.doomworld.com/pageofdoom/graphics/UltimateDoomPoster.jpg

I don't know how common/uncommon it is to have this poster, but I do actually have a copy of it, its back at home though. Also that t-shirt is pretty sick I might buy one.

It came packed with US release of ultimate DOOM if the box said poster included or something like that because there also is version with no poster included

ok so its a bit of a collectible, awesome haha, either way its a sick poster I want to get it framed or laminated or something like that sometime

I also like the design of that poster. I hope Doom 4 also got awesome old school cover art when it is eventually released. Old school coverart style with hand painted art must be revived in greater scale.

GreyGhost said:

Yes, that's it! I suppose it could be a baron.

Waffenak said:

I got that that as a huge ass poster:

Holy shit, I want that poster! Don't suppose you're selling it, huh? :)

terminus12 said:

I don't know how common/uncommon it is to have this poster, but I do actually have a copy of it, its back at home though. Also that t-shirt is pretty sick I might buy one.

Not selling your poster, are you?? Which t-shirt were you talking about? I'm trying to get Zed to make me 1... or 5, like that poster! Is that what you meant? Or were you referring to the collection?

Zed: There's high demand for your skills! Are you up to the task? I'd go $30 - $40 for a bad-ass custom Doom t-shirt.