Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plut

Zone 300 demos [-complevel 2]

MAP01 UV Fast in 0:49.89 (was 1:04.49 by maxmanium)

Demo: z301f049.zip

Video: 

Deadly, short and intense; I like this one. The best ways to save time on this run is to press the first and last buttons as early as possible. That is easier said than done, because both are heavily guarded. The time can be optimized even further. I wasted a shotgun shot, hit the wall and the exit door. A time of 47s should be doable (46s is the current UV Max record).

MAP02 UV Fast in 1:35.69 (was 2:05.77 by maxmanium, 2019)

Demo: z302f135.zip

Video: 

Finally I see a GOOD use of the berserk in a map. Place it *a little bit* behind the SSG, so you still have to use it for a while, but not for the entire god-damn level! Loved this map - short and full of monsters, and the difficulty certainly escalated since Map 01. This route is basically the UV Max route by Joca64 (current record is at 1:28.69). The route itself is quite fast, and using the 3 rockets at the end at the monsters grouping behind the closed door is a brilliant move.

MAP03 UV Fast in 1:25.94 (was 1:32.91 by maxmanium, 2019)

Demo: z303f125.zip

Video: 

Highest DPS weapon: Berserk. Super-shotgun: nowhere. If punching pinkies in episode 2 was bad, imagine with FAST MONSTERS. The TURBO PINKIES are relentless, and once you're in range to punch, they're in range to bite. You have milliseconds to land the punch and BACK AWAY before you get damaged or killed. Anyway I'm very happy that I managed to beat, not only the UV Fast record, but also the UV Max record (1m26) by 1 second, with this time.

MAP04 UV Fast in 1:37.57 (was 2:04.83 by maxmanium, 2019)

Demo: z304f137.zip

Video: https://youtu.be/nDBT0nGXlwo

The platforming on the first room is a nightmare if you want a good time. Every jump you miss = a reset. Every time you fall down = a reset. And unlike the UV Max record for this map, you cant berserk the imps, it will cost you too much health, and you need health for the next part. After that, good luck surviving outside! Things can go chaotic in a matter of seconds after you open the yellow door.

MAP05 UV Fast in 1:46.71 (was 2:46.89 by maxmanium, 2019)

Demo: z305f146.zip

Video: 

I decided to follow Kyle McAwesome's UV Max route and realized there were major differences between UV Max and UV Fast; namely: the damn lost souls. With the old route, the lost souls' fast attack speed was a problem when coming back to the starting area. So I changed the route and decided to use 4 rockets to kill the cacodemons immediately after the blue key. This means that, with some luck, you might not have to return to the starting room at all.

MAP06 UV Fast in 2:00.71 (no previous record)

Demo: z306f200.zip

Video: https://youtu.be/2u-g_P5uHyI 

No wonder this map was never speedran with fast monsters. What a f***ing massacre. Sub 2 mins was my goal, and I know it is possible. But I'm just too fed up with this map to keep trying.

Also, an extra run with my first exit, and a time of 2:14.31 (attempt 56!)

z306f214_firstExit.zip