Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

A Major Character from The Simpsons is Going Bye-Bye Soon

I like both shows, but recently, The Simpsons has lost the ability to make me laugh. Family Guy can still do it because I'm a bit oriented to the tasteless type of humor, but The Simpsons has nothing but memes, puns and a very annoying view of how the world works.

Lisa and Meg, one of the most hated characters in both of their respective shows. These two should go. I feel that this type of character stereotype (annoying sister) should be removed.

But if I were to not take that announcement seriously, I feel that this is just some REALLY dumb and desperate publicity stunt. Shame on Fox.

P.S. Should I not have bumped this thread?

i hope all the characters in family guy die except for quagmire and a bunch of women and then they make the show spin off into a hentai series

chesse20 said:

i hope all the characters in family guy die except for quagmire and a bunch of women and then they make the show spin off into a hentai series

It already has somewhere on the internet.

StevieCybernetik said:

Ironically, the lady who voiced Bart's teacher did die recently...erm...

They knew it was coming. We didn't.

mrthejoshmon said:

It would be good if all the Simpsons die, then something good can take that spot on TV...

Sad thing is there's nothing better to replace it with unless they find another Tyler Perry sitcom to shoe in or Pilots for shitty cartoons based on other franchises.

Didn't they already pull this stunt several years ago to try to boost interest in The Simpsons? Seems like a desperate attempt to keep interest in a series that should have ended years ago.

Clonehunter said:

Sad thing is there's nothing better to replace it with unless they find another Tyler Perry sitcom to shoe in or Pilots for shitty cartoons based on other franchises.

Seth McFarland would just try to take the extra spot for a yellow skinned racial comedy.

fraggle said:

Didn't they already pull this stunt several years ago to try to boost interest in The Simpsons? Seems like a desperate attempt to keep interest in a series that should have ended years ago.

Yeah, but their voice actors weren't in their seventies.

Simpsons still tops Fox's ratings on Sundays. They wouldn't be given bigger and bigger budgets if it wasn't getting the ratings. It has to end some time, but it should get a spin off with a younger voice cast. But really the Simpsons came at the right time.

jeezes christ, who the hell watches the new simpsons??? would anyone even admit to that??

So I just watched the episode where a major character dies (after it hit the web, of course.) It was a dumb bait and switch gag where they totally made up a new character and played it off like said character was an integral part of the series.

I look at Marcia Wallace death and forced retirement of her character Mrs. Krabappel as poetic justice for this tripe of an episode.

I don't think I've watched a single episode of The Simpsons in 15 years. Have I missed anything?

Family Guy was one of those shows I used to enjoy, but when I rewatch some of the 'best' episodes I ask myself what I used to find so funny about it.

So, yeah. A big fat "eh" from me.

DoomUK said:

I don't think I've watched a single episode of The Simpsons in 15 years. Have I missed anything?

Someone linked me to a huge list of Simpsons quotes a few months back, and I remembered almost all of them. I haven't watched the show in at least a decade, probably more than that. I'd say no.

DoomUK said:

Yeah, actually. The stuff from 2000-2008 is a lot better than some of the stuff from the 90s. After that, it takes a huge nosedive.

Apparently this wasn't the episode they reserved to kill-off a main character, that won't be until the twenty-sixth season.

Maybe another voice talent will kick the bucket to speed things up a little. Harry Sheare (age 69) is credited playing twenty-three characters. So if he dies, I'm sure we'll be treated to a real shitty typhus episode.

Wagi said:

The stuff from 2000-2008 is a lot better than some of the stuff from the 90s.

lol no.

Foofoo said:

jeezes christ, who the hell watches the new simpsons??? would anyone even admit to that??

I've enjoyed what I've seen of Seasons 23-25 so far. Likewise the latest Family Guy episodes have gotten laughs out of me and South Park seems just as good as I ever thought it was. I admit this because I find your disbelief so amusing.

StevieCybernetik said:

I won't lie, new Simpsons is retarded. It is, face it, it is.

Puns, and visual gags, with idiotic characters...
Indeed, it is retarded.

So the major character on the Simpsons turned out to be Chip Davis.... a character that never appeared living. Its also a coincidence that they air it when the voice of Mrs. K died. It wasn't that good of an episode. Basically stories of Mr Burns and a lost love along with Kent Brockman and why he never went to Cable News. Both barely involved the Simpsons.

I've never been that much into The Simpsons. In fact, I never watched more than a handful of episodes from start to finish and I vividly recall and like only one of them, where Mr Burns and Homer get buried under an avalanche in a cabin and quickly descend into paranoid dementia. So yeah, can't say I care that much about it.

Family Guy on the other hand I watch somewhat regularly, even if it is very hit and miss with its humour. I do enjoy the random insanity of Adam West (easily the most consistently entertaining character in the show, in my opinion) and the episodes where Stewie and Brian pair up and go off on some bizarre adventure. Out of the main cast I wouldn't mind either Meg or Chris getting offed, they're both very annoying and the episodes that center on them are my least favourite. Fingers crossed it's one of those two.

Enjay said:

Heh, I'm not feeling much love for The Simpsons in this thread.

The Simpsons was a great show, a hilarious, hard-hitting attack against the absurdities of our western societies... 20 years ago. Quoth wikipedia:

Since its debut on December 17, 1989, the show has broadcast 533 episodes and the 25th season began on September 30, 2013. The Simpsons is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest-running American primetime, scripted television series

Now it's senile. The Simpsons long ago parodied itself with The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show.

Enjay said:

Heh, I'm not feeling much love for The Simpsons in this thread.

Love? On the Internet?

The Simpsons will always hold a special place in my heart, and to this day I can still get a good laugh out of watching some of the episodes from the "good ol' days" of Simpsonage. Of course I wouldn't doubt that it's been years and years since I gave two fucks about any new episodes coming out, and though I can't put a date on the series' death I can definitely say it's been dead a while. The fact that they invented a new character to kill off kind of drives home the fact that they have no clue what they're doing and are afraid to change anything...after all, if they get rid of a character we do know that's one less in-joke to milk!

I've never watched Family Guy much. It can be funny at times but for vulgar humor I've always found South Park a lot more fulfilling. Plus the throwaway jokes and pointless musical numbers punctuating the plot every 30 seconds get really grating.

Well folks, Family Guy has just revealed which Griffin dies and how. Here is the answer (MAJOR SPOILER WARNING):

Spoiler

The Griffin to die is Brian. He dies in episode six of season 12 called Life of Brian He is hit by a car when him and Stewie were setting up street hockey nets. Brian expressed his love to the other Griffins before dying. He is replaced by a Italian dog named Vinny. However there are rumors that Brian might come back because of the fact there are unaired episodes that have to do with him that are yet to be seen.

To those who read the spoiler, your thoughts?

(using correct pronoun for spoilers)

They are one of FG's defining characters. I haven't watched it in ages, but killing them off is just stupid. Also, a replacement?! That's even worse!