Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

zwadconv.exe-Please respond!

How do I convert my tnt.wad into one that can be used with the zdoomhexen.opt thingy in DeepSea?

DooMBoy said:

How do I convert my tnt.wad into one that can be used with the zdoomhexen.opt thingy in DeepSea?

Not sure if you have this file yet: http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/utils050999.zip

In it is zwadconv.exe

In command mode (DOS mode) type: zwadconv tnt.wad tntz.wad

tntz.wad is you new IWAD in hexen format.

Well, I made a small level to test ZDoomHexen's stuff,
and it's awesome!
Sadly, I keep getting error messages whenever I load DeePSEA up,
and everytime I try to load up ZDoom using my level, it crashes with a ZDoom error.
Someone help me? Please?

DooMBoy said:

and it's awesome!
and everytime I try to load up ZDoom using my level, it crashes with a ZDoom error.
Someone help me? Please?

You have to convert the iwad (using zwadconv.exe) and then tell DeepSEA to use that new, converted iwad (not the original) when using ZDoom editing stuffage. Or something like that.

DooMBoy said:

and it's awesome!
Someone help me? Please?

Like Stphrz said you need to tell both programs about the IWAD you are using.

So first DeePsea: F5 - Set Project IWAD - change this to c:\TNT\TNTZ.WAD

Now for ZDOOM, set this in the testing dialog -iwad c:\TNT\TNTZ.WAD

change c:\TNT to wherever you have it though. I'm assuming here you ran zwadconv on the TNT.WAD so now it's TNTZ.WAD.

follow these steps.

open up the Microsoft command prompt, (the black window screen thingy)

drag the zwadconv.exe in the window. make a space in the prompt. then drag the tnt iwad in, after that, make a space in the prompt again, then type: c:\doom2\ztnt.wad <---or something else you wish to name your new iwad.

I've had a related problem. I created a small test level for Doom II using WinDEU 5.2; I then tried to load it with WadAuthor to add some colored lighting, and WA complained that the .WAD was made for a different (non zDoom) configuration. So, I tried to convert my test file using zwadconv.exe, but the program crashed.

Any thoughts? At some point I would like to give zDoom a try, but I want to still be able to use my trusty WinDEU editor.

If you email the test wad to me, I'll try to see what is causing zwadconv not to work..it's probably some problem in the wad since zwadconv has a pretty good track record. Mail is mblakely@jpl.nasa.gov.

Biffy said:

If you email the test wad to me, I'll try to see what is causing zwadconv not to work..it's probably some problem in the wad since zwadconv has a pretty good track record. Mail is mblakely@jpl.nasa.gov.

That's nice of you, thanks, but I've gotten it to work.
Thanks guys! You're all a really big help!
/me sends you all three copies of Ultimate Doom, Doom2, Heretic, HeXen and Final Doom

You're welcome DooMBoy, I guess I should have said I was replying to Lutz. :) Offer still open, Lutz.