Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squadallah

"Flesh Factory" a short map set I'm preparing.

Hi everyone.

I'm preparing a map set for Zdoom in my corner for a while now and I think it's time to show the work I did until now to get some constructive feedback.
It is designed for Zdoom which means maps have been done with jump , freelook and crouching in mind.(you may try on Zandronum but I don't manage to make the wad run properly on it outside Doom Builder for some unknown reason.)

There is a storyline that is quite simple but that is a guideline for my choice on textures etc :
After the fiascos in Tnt and Plutonia, the space marine corps creates a special unit that takes care of any "hellish affair" going on. Recently a suspect activity is detected in some region of it and you're sent to investigate. You'll soon find out that a hellish factory has been built to create a new breed of monsters.

The 7 first maps depict your trip to the factory, passing through outposts, fortresses and other regions of Hell bringing you finally in a subterranean area where the factory is situated.

No custom monsters for now, you'll meet some later when I'm done with the factory part. (Expect cyberthemed monsters and a kind of "flesh-factory" thing. The final room in map07 starts to set the mood.)
Regarding difficulty , every setting is done and I did my best to make it balanced, though, it's still not for beginners (not a slaughterwad but sometimes at the edge of it and expect the later maps to cross the border quite seriously, map 06 and 07 are starting to give signs that well, it's gonna get tougher very soon.). I advice casual doomers to test it on Hurt me plenty. UV shouldn't pose any trouble to people running through Scythe 2, HR or AV on UV without being boring as well.

On my playtests, the average time to finish a map has been more or less 7 minutes (map 01 and 05 are shorter though.).

There is a secret exit on one of the maps and the secret map is done.
Map07 includes one secret exit too but the secret map is not started yet.

Here is the link to download the pack : http://www.mediafire.com/?r49f49rwu09u1h4

I hope you'll enjoy playtesting it and send me feedback that will help me to make it look better!

So on the first map I couldn't figure out how to get the blue key, and then I got stuck in the room through the teleporter that has the blue exit door.

Eris Falling said:

So?

It's too big for a bunch of maps , even the zelda map doesn't deserve that much bytes , I think because of the texture pack , like he inserted some texture pack or something?

Even Doom\2 itself costs less bytes.

Textures are often space consuming. I myself did a sky made up of about 5 textures and that was over 1MB...per texture.. :/

Anyway, I downloaded the WAD to check things over (probably should've done that to begin with) and I see your point. What I did notice is some missing textures on MAP01 and the blue door is one-use only.
I guess my playthrough was nearly constructive.

joe-ilya said:

It's too big for a bunch of maps , even the zelda map doesn't deserve that much bytes , I think because of the texture pack , like he inserted some texture pack or something?

Even Doom\2 itself costs less bytes.

Quit trolling, plz.

Corrected the flaws you told me (the way to get the blue key remains the same if it happens everyone has difficulty to get it I'll modify it.) and reuploaded the link!

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Hi!

I found out where the problem was and corrected it, the corrected wad is now online

Though, next time please try to be more specific because when you said first time you were stuck, I thought about everything but this (hence why I didn't correct this, I didn't notice it).
Sorry you got stuck again, now there must not be any trouble remaining on this map anymore! :)