Sign in to follow this  
Tobester

I got the flu, or something similar

been sick the last two days

vomiting my intestines out

snot has blood in it

coughing

throat hurts

smaller brother decided to fight with me today and I showed him what I ate two days ago by splashing it on his chest

being sick sucks

At least you're missing school...I'd give anything for a fucking day off.

Archvile64 said:

find something to do outside of home for a day and skip.

orion said:

find something to do outside of home for a day and skip.

There's plenty of stuff to do, and I've done that before, and it doesn't work. The teachers get on you if you don't have a note signed by a parent/guardian explaining your absence.

I think I have a long weekend coming up in a couple of weeks, if I can just manage to make it there.

For your sore throat, heat up a cup of water and add a teaspoon of salt, and mix. Take one tablespoon of hot salt-water and gargle, then spit in the sink. Be careful not to swallow. Repeat this process until the salt-water is gone or until you cannot stand the taste of salt-water any longer.

Afterward, if available, swallow a teaspoon of unpasteurized honey. If it's pasteurized, don't bother.

Parents who tell their children to get their fingers out of their noses may be doing them a disservice. Immunologists say that it is important to prevent an accumulation of mucus in the functional tubes. And it's not surprising that kids like to dine out on bogies (boogers in the US). Dried nasal discharge can be as tasty as junk food because it has basically the same ingredients - complex sugars, sodium and water. Though we produce - and consume - about a litre of mucus a day, it has proved to be extremely hard to grow in the laboratory.

All is not lost though. Even though the scientists are experiencing difficulties replicating mucus, you can make a passable stringy imitation with corn syrup and gelatine in the microwave. Sadly, the commercial product that came packaged in a huge plastic nose - which you apparently ate by sucking through the nostrils - is no longer available.

Way t'go fod. Poor tobester's gonna come back here to read replies to his thread and barf on his keyboard when he reads yours.

=)

Sounds like
a. you have an STD
OR
b. you have the cold to the nth degree.

The best cold drugs in the free world are the AAFES house brand, sold and used by the U.S. Army. Guarenteed to work or someone's dead.

fod: contrary to popular beleif, snot gets old and boring after a while. I haven't been able to breathe out of my nose for 2 years now cause of sinusitis. I'd say I produce a gallon of snot a day.

Archvile64 said:

I dropped out already cause of reasons that are in the R & P forums.

The only reason im posting now is cause when I was sleeping I suddenly woke up, started coughing, painfully, until tears were streaming out, and decided im not getting back to sleep yet.

AndrewB said:

For your sore throat, heat up a cup of water and add a teaspoon of salt, and mix. Take one tablespoon of hot salt-water and gargle, then spit in the sink. Be careful not to swallow. Repeat this process until the salt-water is gone or until you cannot stand the taste of salt-water any longer.

Afterward, if available, swallow a teaspoon of unpasteurized honey. If it's pasteurized, don't bother.

didnt help at all

salt water irritated my throat and i vomited it all up

after that i couldnt swallow honey

Tobester said:

salt water irritated my throat and i vomited it all up

Well no wonder, you weren't supposed to swallow the water :P

Herbal treatment

Severe colds and various unidentified virus infections are often referred to as `flu', and some authorities would argue that this is incorrect, and that true influenza is a much more severe infection, appearing in widespread epidemics, often at intervals of approximately ten years. Bacterial secondary infections are the greatest risk of `true' influenza, and were responsible for the thousands of deaths in past epidemics. The use of antibiotics has dramatically reduced such deaths, although the very young and the elderly are still at risk & a really severe infection of this kind may be one of the situations in which the use of antibiotics is sensible. In this case, don't stop the herbal treatment, it can only be beneficial and will not conflict with orthodox drug treatment.

Actions indicated for the processes behind this Disease

Anti-microbials will help the immune system combat the viral infection and help avoid secondary infection
Diaphoretics help with the symptoms of feverishness and support the body cope with the raised temperature.
Anti-catarrhals will ease the symptomatic discomfort so characteristic of this problem. However, avoid trying to `dry up' the overproduction with herbal de-congestants for the reasons explored elsewhere.
Expectorants are called for in one of their varieties if there is the development of secondary problems in the lower respiratory system.
Lymphatics are indicated if there is any development of swollen glands or known history of such problems.
Bitters help deal with the debility that often follows such viral infections.
Nervines can be found useful in dealing with high fevers and associated distress.

System Support
Focus must be given to anything specific point of weakness in an individual, especially in the elderly.

Specific Remedies
As with the common cold there are no miracle cures here. A pity but there it is! There are certain plants that can make life much more bearable. These are usually diaphoretics and the one that is the authors' favorite is Eupatorium perfoliatum. This is Boneset which gets it name from its use in easing the bone pain in what was called by European settlers in North America as 'the break-bone fever'.

One possible prescription
Hydrastis canadensis
Echinacea spp.
equal parts
2.5ml of tincture taken every 2 hours
Eupatorium perfoliatum
a strong infusion drunk hot every hour. Follow the advice given above for the common cold if the symptom picture calls for it.

These herbs supply the following actions:
Anti-microbials (Hydrastis canadensis, Echinacea spp.)
Diaphoretics (Eupatorium perfoliatum)
Anti-catarrhals (Hydrastis canadensis, Echinacea spp.)
Lymphatics (Echinacea spp.)
Bitters (Hydrastis canadensis, Eupatorium perfoliatum)

Broader Context of Treatment
Treatment is most effective if started at the very first sign of infection. A moderately hot bath with a few drops of anti-viral essential oil added will often induce diaphoresis, followed by a deep, restful sleep. This may be enough to avert a full-blown attack, though it is a good idea to repeat the bathing for the next two or three days. An effective oil for this purpose is Ti-tree. Some people find this a mild skin irritant, and may not be able to tolerate more than 3 or 4 drops in a full bath.

Recovery from influenza is often slow, and the convalescent may feel very weak and lacking in vitality. Caffeine containing stimulant herbs should be avoided as the `lift' is temporary and will slow down recovery (see the section on the nervous system and stress). As pointed out above, bitter tonics will speed recovery through their metabolic stimulating effects. Appropriate bitters tonics include:
Eupatorium perfoliatum : also diaphoretic and anti-catarrhal
Gentiana spp. : aids the digestion in a number of ways and doesn't taste too bad
Hydrastis canadensis : also anti-catarrhal and generally tonic
Marrubium vulgare : also expectorant and anti-catarrhal

In addition the use of adaptogens is often helpful and attention to diet is (of course) essential. It may be helpful to use a multivitamin/mineral formulation until the appetite and general vitality is back to normal.

Uhh... what he said.

Why not take a hot shower? With your girlfriend.
don't take any of those fever reducing medicines. you'll just be miserable longer. trust me.
drink lots of water/sprite (obviously)
Play a difficult doom map. something to take your mind off of your illness.
Give me all of your money.
Try some of that vick's vap-o-rub crud. it might help too.

Tobester said:

smaller brother decided to fight with me today and I showed him what I ate two days ago by splashing it on his chest

i thought that'd be the good part about being sick.

Curing a cold is easy, you are all giving wrong advice:
Sit naked in front of open window, with feet in a bowl of cold water and wet hair, you will get pneumonia and any half decent doc can cure that.

1) I didnt swallow the water, the second i started to gargle it flew everywhere

2) i cant remember what i was gonna type here

Submerge said:

What, and get her sick too? Way to go.

Submerge said:

Uhh... what he said.

Sex -- the cure-all remedy for whatever ails you. =)

Skiving for me is easy. For some reason the teachers just stop caring in Year 11 (16). Thing is it's my final GCSE year so i can't afford to skive most of the time. And about your cold Tobe, you might try lemon juice, a drop of whisky, and some honey all diluted in boiling water. I don't think the whisky does much, 'cept numb the pain.

Archvile64 said:

Sex -- the cure-all remedy for whatever ails you. =)

if I ever get aids I'll be sure to have sex with as many chicks as I can

The only reason im posting now is cause when I was sleeping I suddenly woke up, started coughing, painfully, until tears were streaming out, and decided im not getting back to sleep yet.

Get thee to a doctor. Painful coughing is one of the signs this may be more than just a garden variety flu or bad cold. May be bronchitis or pneumonia. I'd play it safe if I were you.

IMJack said:

The best cold drugs in the free world are the AAFES house brand, sold and used by the U.S. Army.

And Air Force too.

AAFES = Army and Air Force Exchange Service

fodders said:

Curing a cold is easy

No...it's impossible. You mean TREATING a cold ;)

Sorry, nitpickiness kicking in as usual.

Tobester said:

JESUS CHRIST FODDERS IM SICK ENOUGH I DONT NEED TO SEE MAN ASS YOU LIMEY

Heh, you probably wanked anyway :P

Heh I was sick today. The cold came on about 3rd period then went away towards the end of 6th...thats about the longest I've had for a while.