Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nemesis6

Help a bumbling newbie with weapon sounds

I'm messing around with a custom-made "Brutal Doom lite" version that somebody posted on the zDoom.org forums, just to get a feel for how editing actually works. My goal is to fix some missing sound effects in the mod, namely the rocket launcher and plasma rifle having no firing sounds and I've spent the better part of the day poking around the archive and the files. I've learned a whole lot, but I have yet to find a solution. Any help would be appreciated!

The mod in question is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/760nh99l6oc4508/brutalv19lite.pk3

Don't you just find the name of the sound you are trying to replace then give that name to the sound clip then merge it with the WAD?

Well, the problem here seems to be that it's pointing to the wrong file, but SNDINFO and DECORATE both seem to check out. I think Replacing sndinfo with a previous, working one from a former version of brutal doom didn't seem to do anything, so I'm fairly sure I've narrowed it down to the decorate thingy. I've messed with some AttackSound stuff, but that doesn't seem to be working, either.