Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Platinum Shell

Computer Map screen

Quasar said:

It makes perfect sense really when you consider what some of the rest of the textures in that series display. Pictures of weird planets that have nothing to do with Mars or its moons. The barely legible words "TEI TENGA".

They're all remnants of Tom Hall's wonky Doom Bible story. Maybe if we look closely enough, we'll find something that refers to the "Butt End Of Space."

I remember reading about that tei tenga somewhere before

Quasar said:

Maybe if we look closely enough, we'll find something that refers to the "Butt End Of Space."

Maes's profile pic might hold a clue...

Now I wish those missing areas like the Observatory got made for DTWID. That or a custom E1 that has that original level flow.

Fellowzdoomer said:

Anybody knows Sherlock Home's phone number?

Do you want his holme or office number?

Piper Maru said:

Do any of you guys use the numeric functions for the automap? Or even the grid view?

Numeric functions - you mean the little number tags? Yeah, when I want to remember where a certain key door is, or something.

I don't usually use the grid view except when analyzing my own maps. For example, where exactly a piece of geometry is fucking up. Is it available in vanilla? I thought it was a ZDoom thing - haven't used it in a while.

Fascinating. These map graphics have always just been random white noise to me. Now it turns out they're a window to an unrealized conception of Doom. How many more secrets can four floppy disks possibly hold?

I'm just gonna say I love threads like this. Mysteries solved. Light shed on otherwise seemingly random design decisions. Untold depths emerging.

Not bad for a game where I mostly just run around and shoot stuff.

Creaphis said:

Fascinating. These map graphics have always just been random white noise to me. Now it turns out they're a window to an unrealized conception of Doom. How many more secrets can four floppy disks possibly hold?

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I'm just gonna say I love threads like this. Mysteries solved. Light shed on otherwise seemingly random design decisions. Untold depths emerging.

Not bad for a game where I mostly just run around and shoot stuff.

If you guys missed the WXR Tom Hall interview, the UAC logo represents a ship flying between two planets.

Dragonsbrethren said:

If you guys missed the WXR Tom Hall interview, the UAC logo represents a ship flying between two planets.

ship with star destroyer silhuette? Is there now also connection to star wars? We must go deeper.

Yah, AOL was run by some pretty power hungry demon-tards. I could always hear the demons trying to break through the screen whenever I started the browser up.

Clonehunter said:

Yah, AOL was run by some pretty power hungry demon-tards. I could always hear the demons trying to break through the screen whenever I started the browser up.

The worst was when you could hear them breaking through late at night while you were trying to look up dirty pictures on the family computer.

And then your sister would make you sit and watch as she deleted every cookie one at a time, as a punishment.

I hate demons.

schwerpunk said:

The worst was when you could hear them breaking through late at night while you were trying to look up dirty pictures on the family computer.

And then your sister would make you sit and watch as she deleted every cookie one at a time, as a punishment.

I hate demons.

ROFLMFAOL!!!

Oh... roflmfAOL...

DOOMWORLD! GET ME MY TRUSTY SHOTGUN!

The demons are trying to force us into joining them... NO DOOMWORLD MODERATORS! DONT LISTEN TO THEM!!

schwerpunk said:

I hate demons.

Eh she was probably just discreetly deleting her cookies and browsing history too. No doubt she shifted in her seat to distract your gaze when she needed to delete the cookies for BigBoyHorseCocks.net and the history for MegaMendotcom.