Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

DOOMWORLD'S SUPER MEGA HALLOWEEN THREAD!

Whatcha doin'?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Whatcha doin'?

• SCARING KIDS!
    • C O S T U M E P A R T Y!
    • Watching spooky films!
    • Playing Spooky games!
    • I have the graveyard shift, no spooky for me!
    • GOING AS BATMAN
    • My hand, since I forgot to plan anything!
    • Pranks! (don't throw eggs you cretins!)
    • Assisting in the trick-or-treating!
    • ACTUALLY trick-or-treating! I have no shame!

Obsidian said:

You know, a speedmapping session would be ace. Considering I don't do Halloween where I am. :P

Count me in!

Halloween Costume party for me. I'm dressing up as the Dude from the big Lebowski. My friend is dressing as Kenny Powers. My girlfriend is going to be a slice of pizza. And my other friend is going as Rick Grimes from the walking dead; he really looks like him.

Continuing my personnel tradition by watching as many random scary/monster movies ether new or old as much as I can.

I somehow managed to record a No-Death run of all of Super Castlevania IV on the actual SNES, on Hard-Mode and using no Sub-Weapons...

Woo go me! xD

I'm going to be spending all night playing Brutal Doom v19 as that FINALLY comes out. If it does come out.

If not I'm just going to do that thing in the poll with my hand.
I'M GOING TO MOVE THE MOUSE AROUND TO PLAY GAMES GOD DAMN YOU CAN'T AIM A GUN WITHOUT MOVING IT CAN YOU?

Bloodite Krypto said:

video

Nintendo lets you monetize videos of SNES games? I thought they banned monetization of Nintendo stuff, or were they talking about only new stuff on the Wii U?

Playing DOOM (obviously), maybe a little Ghoul's Forest in order to get into the Halloween spirit.

All that aside, I'll probably hand out candy again this year, just like I did last year. Never hurts, seeing as we get plenty of little shits trick-or-treaters.

SavageCorona said:

Nintendo lets you monetize videos of SNES games? I thought they banned monetization of Nintendo stuff, or were they talking about only new stuff on the Wii U?

Erm.. What? I don't know of any such feature, I just recorded footage from my SNES via a DVD Recorder and uploaded it xD But seeing as it's on a now 23 year old console, I doubt any copyright nonsense would pop up if anything.

So I finally reached the Member Rank after 4 years, as I'm only interested in the 'WADS' and 'Speed Running' sections, go figure :D

I will probably watch a couple horror movies and then go to work that night. I may have a video to put on my channel.

Come to think of it, I think I'd play some Mario Kart on the 31st. Ghost Valley and Banshee Boardwalk FTW.

Pub probably. I would add Jack101's Unhinged to the list seeing as that's one of my favourite maps from last year (the atmosphere and game play is top notch) and in my opinion is a great Halloween themed map.

Legend has it that playing ghouls forest 3 at Halloween eve midnight causes you to wake up as the hunter.

...or is it Slender? I dunno. One of the two.

Thanks for the DL links and the cacopumpkins!

Also, Springy is perfectly right, Unhinged would be a great halloween WAD, since it's officialy influenced by Happy Time Circus 2.

I changed my mind as to what I'm going to dress as. I need to get my hands on a bottle of white color hairspray, and a white suit; I'm going as Colonel Sanders. And I'm as serious as a heart attack.

Had some trick r treat stuff the other day. First time too, and wontcha know, we ran out of candy and had to get more. Kids gave dirty looks, and I mispoke that spider-man and Super Man are 'close enough' (they both do wear red and blue after all). Also made a Pacman pumpkin.

professional minimal-effort trick or treater handling: put an empty bowl outside with a sign that says "take one", people will just assume someone who came before them was an asshole and took everything.

meanwhile I sit inside eating 'fun' size candy and wishing I was proficient enough at pumpkin handling to create this masterpiece.

Last Saturday, my gf and I went to a costume party at some goth bar named Neo. Haven't been there in a decade. It sucked. What really sucks is out walking the street to the place, we saw so many costumes.... not a damn one ended up at this bar. Not many people dressed up, but hey the goth lifestyle means dressing up daily to look your freakiest. The seats were literally wood with thin carpet over them. My ass was flat. It just sucked. We went home before the costume party started. Oh and the music sucked too. Maybe I'm just old for today's electronic club music, but I was younger than most people there.

Yesterday my gf and I went to a pirate themed scavenger hunt. Winners took home $600 and beat 2nd place by 2 minutes. It seemed unreasonable they scored 14 minutes when plenty of other teams were in the 16 minute mark. But hey preparation is good. It was a well run ordeal, we had to run around to different stores and collect things and take pics of everything. Stuff like do a shot, to eat a sample of food to cook a smore.

We've also been to Dungeon of Doom, which is an awesome hour long haunted house. Its really well put together and probably the best in a 2 hour radius. There are a lot of shit haunted houses within a 2 hour radius. Last year we went to all of them.... this year we know better. So we just went to Dungeon of Doom.

We went to Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America quite a few times. They have plenty of haunted houses there and we went on a rainy day so there was no line compared to last year where each meh haunted house was an hour long wait for a 10 - 15 minute walk through. They had 2 new haunted houses this year. One was pitch black and eh over quickly.

Right now I'm playing some Killing Floor, but really it got fucking old. I saw all the enemies within 3 - 4 waves. You just stick to an area next to the shop. Its dull pretty quick, but it still feels fun even with 6 other people on the server.

>> oh and btw I still have my chocolate easter bunnies incase I get trick-or-treaters.

I just noticed the pumpkins. Pretty badass cacolanterns.