Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Amaster

About the Anthology

I've been thinking of buying the Id Anthology specifically to get the pewter (sp?) Cyberdemon. However, I hunted around Id's site and failed to find it (not that I looked very hard). How large is the cybie? Is it worth getting? Does anyone even sell that package anymore?

They don't sell 'em anymore. You could try ebay or something though.

Bah. It's probably not very big. It's my birthday and I got an 18 inch tall talking Ash doll. Get one of those. =)

Whoa!!! I totally forgot about buying the Ash doll!!! I didnt know it talked too!

I must have them both

AFAIK there's only two McFarlane 18 inch tall Movie Maniac dolls. Ash and Leatherface. They both talk and are motion activated, so you can leave it on and you know what happens when you walk into your room?

Ash says, "Well hello Mr. Fancypants!" =)

deadnail said:

Ash says, "Well hello Mr. Fancypants!" =)

that is cooler than anything in the world.

aww hell! Only 3.5 inches tall? That stinks. Totally not worth it. Except maybe for playing a game of Warhammer. Oh well

That's what they were originally intended for: a Doom RPG. The idea fell through (obviously). I decorate my shelves with my Doom figures. I might take my second cyberdemon figure and fasten it to the hood of my car (when I get a car worthy of the cyberdemon, that is).

A pewter hood ornament? Jesus Christ. I bet if you went on the highway the top half of it would rip right off and put a hole in your windshield... or simply shatter to dust when it hits.

Ever worn a pewter pendant? I snapped a pewter dragon pendant in half at a store, ended up buying it. What the fuck actually is pewter anyway? It's like balsa metal.

An alloy consisting predominately of tin, but alloyed with some other metal(s) to make it stronger and harder. Metals that have been alloyed with tin include copper, antimony, bismuth and lead. The tin content of most pewter exceeds 90%, although there are some exceptions

You should look on Ebay for things called Doom Reaper Miniatures.
There is a pic of the Demon one sometimes on this site, and there was a link ahwile back posting to a page that had a bunch of painted ones all done and nice and stuff. That way, you'd get more than just the CyberDemon. ;) I've only seen these things for sale like once or tiwce, but hey. You can try.

Yeah I had the same thought about the pewter disintegrating when I hit any speed above 10 mph. I could probably get a custom hood ornament done though. Even if pewter sucks, you gotta admit a cyberdemon on your hood would rock, especially if you drive some huge beastly car.

Well I drive a Pontiac Grand Prix. I would get a Revenant because it's a hell of a lot faster than you'd expect and it never dies. =)

Actually, by my ruler - 66-67 mm or just over 2.5 inches would be closer to the mark.

And yes, its not quite the right scale by my reckoning, but it does look pretty good alongside Warhammer figures, seeing as how I don't have any of the other Doom miniatures.

Yeah you're right. I never measured it, I just went by the description on the id Anthology box. The lying bastards.