Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

Need play testers for Doom 2 deathmatch level

Hey everyone. Back in July of 2013 I created a 1 level Doom 2 map called "Space Station" and before I submit it to /idgames database, I would like to have some people play test it and give their honest input of this wad.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bi8vz2fcvcm8rmu/DG93_Space+Station.zip

This WAD file runs with any version of zdoom/gzdoom, Skulltag, or Zandronum.

The level (MAP 01 Only) is single player, but its primary purpose is for deathmatching.

Critique the following: - The layout/design
- Item/thing placement
- MIDI file
- Choice of textures
- New sounds
- & if any, feel free to give suggestions

Here is a recorded youtube video of the gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRt2vQiQ5Pg&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!
-DG93

Check your link, you pasted a truncated version (has ... in the filename).

Just going off your video (which is fine for me since I don't really play Doom in DM):

• Thing placement looks OK. The better weapons are in more out-of-the-way areas which works fine. The bots seem to congregate to those two main rooms but that's probably just the AI.
  • The music is good.
  • Texturing looks fine, though that Doomguy93 panel is kind of hokey. At least put it in the Doom font :p
  • I feel like new weapon sounds for a single level are kind of unnecessary but the sounds themselves were good. e: looks like the sounds are pretty small filesize-wise so fine, no real objection.

OK, I just played through it on single player. There isn't much substance there for an SP level but I know that's not the focus. The sounds felt like they were a bit lacking in low-end frequencies. You've got one spot with some imperfect texture alignment (http://i.imgur.com/KZelLjY.png), not a big deal but it looks a little funny and it was the only place I saw it so it stood out a bit more. Other than that, pretty solid. You'll have to get someone else to tell you how it actually plays in DM though, which is really the important bit.

plums said:

OK, I just played through it on single player. There isn't much substance there for an SP level but I know that's not the focus. The sounds felt like they were a bit lacking in low-end frequencies. You've got one spot with some imperfect texture alignment (http://i.imgur.com/KZelLjY.png), not a big deal but it looks a little funny and it was the only place I saw it so it stood out a bit more. Other than that, pretty solid. You'll have to get someone else to tell you how it actually plays in DM though, which is really the important bit.

Thanks dude, you could also play an offline DM with bots using zandronum or skulltag. I'll try to correct the texture offset (if at all possible). Also, I might change the custom texture (DG93) to make it look nicer lol it kinda has a mid to late 90s look (which I guess comes across as tacky) :P

The weapon sounds (pistol/chaingun and rocket launcher) were actually recorded .wavs from Goldeneye N64 haha

It was fun the weapons seemed well placed. I didn't mind the logo but I can see what he means. The midi was good as well as the sound effects. I really enjoyed the open space as well as the barrel/slime pit good place for the super shotgun. ^_^ Sound effects where cool. There are no gameplay or atmosphere issues and thats what matters.

kalinus said:

It was fun the weapons seemed well placed. I didn't mind the logo but I can see what he means. The midi was good as well as the sound effects. I really enjoyed the open space as well as the barrel/slime pit good place for the super shotgun. ^_^ Sound effects where cool. There are no gameplay or atmosphere issues and thats what matters.

Thanks Kalinus :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you see my post I left on your thread regarding the CTF map you made?

doomguy93 said:

Thanks Kalinus :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did you see my post I left on your thread regarding the CTF map you made?

*Facepalms

Sorry I was distracted I have now lol. Thanks for reminding me.