Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Interesting archvile behavior.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I just want to know how the archie revives the shotgun and chaingun guys' guns after Doomguy steals them.

He's a black market arms dealer on weekends. He hides some weapons in his ribcage in case something like that happens.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I just want to know how the archie revives the shotgun and chaingun guys' guns after Doomguy steals them.

Somebody once made an outlandish fanfic claim that it involves a localized pocket of anti-time, so the Arch-vile doesn't resurrect the monster so much as turn back the clock to before it died... to me that makes even less sense though :P

It kind of does to me, what with the death animation playing backwards and all.

Possession of a shotgun is part of the platonic form of the shotgun guy. They just wouldn't be shotgun guys if they didn't have shotguns, would they?

So, when resurrection them, the shotgun just grows back. Just like the blood lost isn't slurped back in place (as can be seen if using some sort of gore mod or blood decals or both). It's just recreated by evil magic. After all, matter is the same thing as energy.

Gez said:

Possession of a shotgun is part of the platonic form of the shotgun guy. They just wouldn't be shotgun guys if they didn't have shotguns, would they?

Then they'd be angry gimme-my-shotgun-back guys?

Gez said:

So, when resurrection them, the shotgun just grows back. Just like the blood lost isn't slurped back in place (as can be seen if using some sort of gore mod or blood decals or both). It's just recreated by evil magic. After all, matter is the same thing as energy.

Arch-viles must be able to extract an enormous amount of energy from the fabric of space in order to convert it to matter - this would be phenomenally useful if you could capture some of them and leech away their resurrection energy. Arch-vile-powered cities!

Quasar said:

Arch-viles must be able to extract an enormous amount of energy from the fabric of space in order to convert it to matter - this would be phenomenally useful if you could capture some of them and leech away their resurrection energy. Arch-vile-powered cities!

People for the Ethical Treatment of Demons

In regards to the behaviour of archviles, I speculate that they seem to serve as protectors of Hell. Although they would even kill zombies and hellspawn when they get attacked by them, their main objective would be to keep Hell from being destroyed, so they would resurrect dead monsters, save for Cyberdemons, Spider Masterminds, and even their own kind, so that the revived will ambush the unsuspecting marines. The fact that the archvile's fire spell does a great deal of damage makes it apparent that they're more than just healers, but also have the role to protect Hell.

Quasar said:

Yeah, but then you fall into stuff like my patented Phoenix Boiler technology (a phoenix is placed in a small chamber where it is killed quickly, it explodes in flames and resurrects, only to die again, and the cycle repeats infinitely) so maybe it's better not to try to harness magic for industrial purposes. :p

Tsk. All these energy-making schemes PALE in comparison to my patented 1000W P.M.P.O. Multimedia Speaker-powered Eternal Device of DOOM.

As we all known, "Multimedia Speakers" are able to deliver incredible "music power" like 1000 W P.M.P.O. using just a fraction of the electrical power, e.g. that subwoofer only needs 30W electrical to deliver 1000W music, hence it has an efficiency of at least 3333.33%. By connecting several of them in a cascade, and giving them just a little bootstrap power, you will have INFINTE power. THAT'S THE SECRET THE GOVERNMENT AND THE OIL COMPANIES DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!