Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nicolas monti

Adding extra animated floors on Vanilla

Hello everybody, more vanilla stuff :p, I'm working on a wad with extra flats, the alpha doom flats among them, I want that alpha nukage flats (some might consider them uggly but I think that the ones with the floor grill are pretty cool) to get moving on vanilla but without overscripting the normal nukage flats, is this possible?
thanks!

Well, there is one hardcoded animated flat that isn't used in DOOM2.WAD: SWATER# (from 1 to 4), so you can use it. Just add 4 flats with these names and they will animate.
Aside from that, you can replace SLIME01-04 or SLIME05-08 since they are so similar to each other. Also SLIME09-12 is kinda similar to RROCK05-08 so consider replacing one of these as well.

Memfis said:

Well, there is one hardcoded animated flat that isn't used in DOOM2.WAD: SWATER# (from 1 to 4), so you can use it. Just add 4 flats with these names and they will animate.
Aside from that, you can replace SLIME01-04 or SLIME05-08 since they are so similar to each other. Also SLIME09-12 is kinda similar to RROCK05-08 so consider replacing one of these as well.

Fine, SWATER unused? I'll take this overlooked hardcoding as an useful gift, and I'll consider to replace one of those brownish slime animations, I only need 2 new animations for my purposes. I find interesting that many doom2 textures absent in doom are based on the alphas too, like brown slime and some space lights. Thanks again Memphis!
EDIT: MemFis