Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

PSX Doom Forever [Awful Mod/Hack for PSX Final Doom]

I thought to start topic about this scary sh~t from 2000 year.

This is a russian pirates hack of PSX Final Doom which was made in 2000 year. People paid the money for this...and they did not guess what was coming...

Of course most of the world not even aware about this. But I think it's good to know about this strange "incident"

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XxFzDBrPFU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnmy6pXrzVY
http://youtu.be/OUtNPcHr89M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8gPyN1jNDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK2e4qF7mDo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aYoLN4Yib8

What you think?

Yeah, changing the default textures to these semi-tranpsarent ones really create an unpleasant sight.
But it's still a nice little oddity, that someone could actually hack the game, even if it's just a graphic/music mod. I like how they took the sprites from actual Doom mods/TCs like Batman Doom.

The screenshots don't look THAT bad, but the video of Virgil made me question why I ever decided to watch it. It was all "uh, okay.." up till the random topless girl on the door, which reminds me of all the kids ages ago making mods that just stuck pixellated tits all over the walls

Then you see the "baron" and the caco-bird, oh god. My soul is crying.

Description of game:
Special for fans of 3D-shooters! Mega mix of Doom and Quake games! New levels, monsters and weapons!

The description of the second video says that it's indeed the first Dantos play episode to include cussing and farting on the mic.

What an interesting piece of trivia.

Pretty interesting, never heard about this. Would be cool to have a look at those resources though. There's some Iikka Keranen textures in there that I recognize. A lot of those item pickups and the rocket launcher are edits I don't think I've ever seen before. And Doom Forever is a cool name for a mod.

40oz said:

And Doom Forever is a cool name for a mod.

Batman Forever is also a cool name for a Batman movie. But it was a shitty movie. Coincidence? I think not.

It's like they were more focused on the title for it's impression on people than the actual quality of the movie.

Just done watching it after this topic went off on that tangent... 'a bit crap' is being nice. It was little more than a vehicle for merchandise and Jim Carrey. And the springboard for Joel Schumacher's suit-up scene fetish.

Actually... >.> <.<

I liked Jim Carrey in it. Granted, I thought it was odd a lot of the advertising centered on that awful Two-Face character as the lead villain, even though he never did shit throughout the whole film..

Wait, what was this thread about?

Then you see the "baron" and the caco-bird, oh god. My soul is crying.

BTW, translations:

Hellknight - "Deflower" man (yeah, yeah...wait, what?!)
Baron of Hell - DiCaprio (LOL WUT?!)

walter confalonieri said:

so, russians raped doom before grezzo 2?

Anyway, bad mod. I liked the birdemic caco/pain....

lol, Grezzo 2 was released in 2012. Doom Forever was released in 2000.

Ahah, Oh my God. I had this "Doom For Ever" when i was young. And i dont even understood that, this, is Doom. I thought this is diffrent games. But this crap based on PSX Final Doom. And you cant belive, but we had THIS in stores, and i paid money for that game (4$ maybe). Omg, i cant belive, i still remember this awfull doom mod.

The fact this was even done way back in 2000 is interesting but other than that...this looks horrible. All of the textures everywhere are too dark to see what's going on and its just headache inducing. I had to turn off this guys LP of this.

Actually, the maps is taken from Final Doom, but in different sequence. Also textures and sprites is stolen from other pwads.

I don't understand why they used the NTSC/US version of PSX Final Doom as a base, though, and not the PAL version, if the hackers are Russian.

Maes said:

I don't understand why they used the NTSC/US version of PSX Final Doom as a base, though, and not the PAL version, if the hackers are Russian.

Maybe because it was a bit faster, than PAL?

hardcore_gamer said:

I lol'd when I saw the Cyberdemon was replaced by Twoface from batman.

His name in the credits cast, BTW, is "Cyberfucker". Seriously.

And yeah, I'm one of those, who has this... ahem, "game". Still own it. Dunno, why.

PS. If anyone is interested, I can make some screens from credits list, showing the new "ahem" cast of monsters, and giving their name's translations into English. Some of them are quite funny...

[LeD]Jake Crusher said:
Maybe because it was a bit faster, than PAL?

Ah that old myth again. This is a 3D game with unpredictable, circumstances-dependent performance, not some cheesy platformer that can run with a guaranteed 50 or 60 fps on PAL/NTSC. The CPU and everything else is exactly the same in PAL and NTSC playstations, unlike e.g. the older 2D consoles.

Flammable said:

Ahah, Oh my God. I had this "Doom For Ever" when i was young. And i dont even understood that, this, is Doom. I thought this is diffrent games. But this crap based on PSX Final Doom. And you cant belive, but we had THIS in stores, and i paid money for that game (4$ maybe). Omg, i cant belive, i still remember this awfull doom mod.

The where allowed to sell hacks in stores? where was this store?

Doominator2 said:

The where allowed to sell hacks in stores? where was this store?

Do you have any idea how much pirate/unlicensed video games, consoles, accessories have been sold in places like Russia (and Hong Kong, Malaysia, Poland, etc)? It's pretty much everywhere and even some very small stores out here in North America. What's interesting, though, is that prototypes/betas were sold in large numbers as "official" copies.

buttspit said:

Do you have any idea how much pirate/unlicensed video games, consoles, accessories have been sold in places like Russia (and Hong Kong, Malaysia, Poland, etc)? It's pretty much everywhere and even some very small stores out here in North America. What's interesting, though, is that prototypes/betas were sold in large numbers as "official" copies.

Confirming. In Latvia, where I do live, few years ago there was quite a lot of that stuff. Nowadays, seems, people do not buy it in big quantities - probably theu prefer licensed copies/Steam...

Does anyone know the contents of this, other than Final Doom and PSX Doom?