Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Interesting people you follow?

So I made a few posts in the last couple months about some people I am interested in these days. Who are some people you follow, either on twitter or elsewhere, because you think they are damn interesting? Maybe books you've read about some highly noteworthy people? If you could post who they are, why they matter, and any associated literature or films about them, that'd be cool.

Mine are Elon Musk and Jacob Barnett. I'm not gonna go into detail about them since I've polluted the DWaves with info about them enough already, but you should if you reply. I'll just say Elon Musk, 'cause he made Tesla electric cars and now is working on Hyperloop and Jacob Barnett, who at 15, may be the most promising physicist in the world.

I don't actively follow anyone nowadays. I do subscribe to A Word A Day. Oh, actually, I do also subscribe to KatimoriHUN/ENG, SuitePee & Antroid on YouTube. Probably some others like HAWP, I dunno...

I like reading essays by Daniel Dennett (and others like him), even if I don't necessarily agree with his philosophies. He's a pretty funny writer. Here's the one that got me hooked: Where Am I?.

most of my heroes are dead, sadly. Although I was recently struck by how Bill Hicks not only predicted Gulf War part 2, but also predicted the epic faggotry of the entire Cyrus family. ("let's hunt and kill Billy-Ray Cyrus, the man responsible for the psychic pollution of our collective subconscious etc. etc. etc.")

I mean, seriously. That shit was pretty prescient right there.

Sure, I follow lots of interesting people. My neighborhood is full of them. Interesting, but strangely paranoid.

What's Twitter?

I don't even remotely use social networking sites lately and I never bothered to follow anyone at all due to this.

Oh, and I did used to check John Carmack's Twitter back in the day of the Quake Live beta. The servers would go down a lot, and he was really good about updating players with ETAs on when they would be back up.

Don't know that the people I follow are particularly interesting, but they have an annoying tendency to seek restraining orders.

Bucket said:

What's Twitter?

A place where twits tweet.

I don't find anyones life that interesting I would follow their every move on internet. I meet enough interesting people in real life in daily basis.

Yah I follow some interesting people. There's this one girl who I think sorta knows I follow her, but doesn't really know. Seldom responds to tweets. Poking though always garners a slap. SOmeday I'm gonna tap that. If she doesn't call the cops first for following her around everywhere staring intently at her lush tush.

darknation said:

most of my heroes are dead, sadly. Although I was recently struck by how Bill Hicks not only predicted Gulf War part 2, but also predicted the epic faggotry of the entire Cyrus family. ("let's hunt and kill Billy-Ray Cyrus, the man responsible for the psychic pollution of our collective subconscious etc. etc. etc.")

I mean, seriously. That shit was pretty prescient right there.

Wait, what about Trent Reznor?

Charlie Brooker, Graham Linehan, snakes, mechadon and a shit load of gooners. #COYG #FOYS Oh, and of course Arnie but I rarely use Twitter now.

Captain Red said:

It just so happens an hour interview with Vince Gilligan was recently posted on his twitter account. I like how Vince was like "I guess I'll accept a job offer to work on X Files" when at the time he wasn't doing diddly in the industry and was a big fan of the show.

I have been somewhat fallowing Henry Rollins for awhile. While I don't agree with everything he has said, I see him as a like minded person.