Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Okay, so I've got my nostalgia shades on, but sheeeeeeit, this was one of the best multiplayer experiences one could have. They really need to remake this game. Never played it? You basically walk around differently themed environments (suburban neighborhoods, shopping malls, pyramids, castles, etc.) killing various iconic monsters with a myriad of weapons that include squirt guns, tomatoes, water balloons, a weedwacker, even a cross. Used a pusedo-top-down perspective and worked well with two players. This game is inventive as hell. Dunno why it never got much attention.

It was alright, but for me it lacked something Gauntlet had in terms of top-down carnage - whilst appearing to also lack something Toejam & Earl had in crazy and bizarre humour.

If I ever find a cartridge on my travels, I shall give it a whirl with an open mind though. Ghoul Patrol also.

While it was fun, the difficulty was way too high. Some of the later maps were incredibly cheap, to the point there was a level where all the "neighbors" were tourists, which turn to werewolves after night fall, and you had about 10 seconds before this started happening. So you were guaranteed to lose most if not all of them before you could do anything at all. It really wasn't even giving you a chance by that point.

I get a lot of nostalgic memories when I play this game every now and again. For the longest time, I would play this game everyday when I got home from school. Sadly, I never got the chance to play the game with anyone else but I bet 2 player is a lot of fun. It probably gets chaotic when it comes to item managing and the maps with all the clones.

Quasar and especially Technician are right about the difficulty. It's really only a handful of stages in before it gets frustratingly hard, which is a shame because it's a lot of fun. See, with my nostalgia shades on, it was easy to forget how ridiculously challenging it gets.