Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

"Trading" armour

I know this is a minor detail, but I know it would help me not to become frustrated nearly as easily.
Whenever I play an id game (like Doom), running about with, say, 100 armour and then I come across a megaarmour vest. When I pick up the megaarmour, the 100 armour points I had already are lost.
I find that kinda annoying.

Now, if "Doom 3" has a system, where you drop your existing armour when you pick up something better (regardless what type of armour it is - as long as it's better than your existing armour), you wouldn't end up in these annoying situations where you waste a lot of armour on nothing.

I pretty much liked Quake 2's system where you could salvage armour and add most of it to your existing armour. However, I would probably prefer that armour bonuses (if there's anything like that in the new Doom game - doesn't have to be spiritual armour) would be the only armour type which can be added on to a vest. If you're wearing a vest already when you find another vest, you'll either trade the new one to the one currently used (if the new armour is better) or you'll simply not be able to pick it up (if it's on par with or of a lesser quality than your current armour).

But what do you people think?

Yeah, this is a good idea. Armour seems to get wasted heaps...and when the armour you have on is gone, you can pick the old one up again? Or you should be able to put it in your backpack...actually, it would be full of ammo.

Yeah, of course you should be able to pick up armour that you've used before again.