Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Doom 0 : The secret of the demon (WIP) (E1 finshed)

First, some shots:
http://imageshack.us/g/1/10376769/
A video of UV-maximum kills in MAP07:

The switch behind the teleporter is now removed.

Now finally the download : https://www.mediafire.com/?8d2xdyzrcbp7cd5

MAPs so far :
MAP01 - the house
MAP02 - sewer building
MAP03 - brickened
MAP04 - Water base
MAP05 - the waste experiments
MAP06 - the crusher
MAP07 - bossbattles
MAP08 - tricks & wraps (a collab with mouldy : I made the gameplay he added the flavours like the details and extra stuff)
MAP09 - swamp
MAP10 - Electicity
MAP11 - Crater
MAP12 - Dirthouses (WIP)
MAP13 - Technotown -not started-
MAP14 - The inmost dens 0 -not started-
MAP16 - Americana
MAP22 - Gibus -not started-
MAP23 - crushers o' fun -not started-
MAP24 - the chase
MAP27 - monster condo
MAP28 - the spirit world
MAP31 - wolfenature (WIP)

More : This wad includes 3 new moving textures which are just mudfalls waterfalls and lavafalls , so don't exept this to be all new themes you haven't saw in any classic doom themes)
This wad is made for vanilla.

List of updates:
Alpha 1.0
doomers reactions test.
Alpha 1.1
MAP05
Some sound replacements.

Wow, you jitter more than I do with your mouse.

I liked the look of that mancubus fight, I'll check it out. Are there difficulty levels in the current version?

That looks like some crazyass fun, joe. Downloaded it, will try to check some of it out this weekend.

plums said:

Are there difficulty levels in the current version?

There are difficulty levels in every level , expect for the WIP stuff.

Joe, may I just say you have improved very well in the mapping department. The map featured in the video looks very good. I can't wait for the full thing and best of luck to you.

Since I've tried the majority of your (not so) early works, forgive me if I have some doubts.

After trying the WAD:

Yeah, my doubts are still here. You have improved a lot, though you still have to a lot more.

Firstly, please stop creating poor remakes of original Doom2 maps. First map was partially fun, second too, but MAP16 was a shameless modification of original MAP16.

Those maps which are not remakes have moderate layout, but gameplay is way too hard and cramped. I mean, I had to kill 3 Revenants on MAP03 without:

- enough ammo
- medkit support
- ANY FREAKIN' PLACE TO HIDE

So...yeah. MAP08 looks well, but I swear it was the work of mouldy.

Sorr for being rude, I'm just honest. I'm still waiting for your later works, but it's still way below my preferences. Good luck anyway!

I love it! Clever title "Doom 0" (don't think anyone came up with it before), neat music selection and the maps are so enjoyable: totally unpredictable in terms of design and map progression, and simply very "fun oriented". Moarrrrr!

So what's this for? Vanilla? Limit removing? Video's obviously ZDoom but I didn't see any ZDoom or Boomisms. It doesn't matter to me since I'll be ZDooming it up until I can fix my mouse, but it's nice to tell people so they can record demos in the right complevel.

Edit: This looks straight out of 1995, heh.

New intermission screen, the Ultimate doom E4 intermission screen, I think that's a neat idea for the intermission screen.
The new intermission will be available in the next release.
Also new hud bar and an aleternative sound for the plasma.

I kind of wish there was something about this that would justify the title "Doom 0." Maybe get rid of the futuristic plasma weapons and have lower-tech versions of the cybernetic enemies, just to make it seem like it takes place prior to Doom.

Or another cool idea I've always wanted to see: A WAD that takes place from the perspective of one of the marines (or security guards or whatever) stationed on Deimos Base when it first gets sucked into Hell, and there's chaos all around as the base metamorphosizes into something horrific.

But this just seems like it's named "Doom 0" for no reason at all, which is disappointing.

Megamur said:

Or another cool idea I've always wanted to see: A WAD that takes place from the perspective of one of the marines (or security guards or whatever) stationed on Deimos Base when it first gets sucked into Hell, and there's chaos all around as the base metamorphosizes into something horrific.

If I could map easily, I would try this now...The E2 levels in their original techbase state could look pretty interesting.

Megamur said:

chaos all around as the base metamorphosizes into something horrific.

But this just seems like it's named "Doom 0" for no reason at all, which is disappointing.

Then should i call it DOOM 666?

This wad is made for vanilla.

joe-ilya said:

You can call it whatever you'd like. I was just observing that the current title seems misleading.

joe-ilya said:

Doom II The Way id Wouldn't.

I've played through the first four maps, and yeah... this is the sort of thing you should keep small and purely as a learning experience. It's got some neat ideas but looks horrifyingly ugly with frequently tedious combat in the narrowest of narrow spaces. MAP04 is awful for this.

And your idea of how/where to place switches is often unspeakably bad.

BaronOfStuff said:

Doom II The Way id Wouldn't.

I've played through the first four maps, and yeah... this is the sort of thing you should keep small and purely as a learning experience. It's got some neat ideas but looks horrifyingly ugly with frequently tedious combat in the narrowest of narrow spaces. MAP04 is awful for this.

And your idea of how/where to place switches is often unspeakably bad.

The maps get better as you progress, MAP05 should be a blast for you, because I think it's the best thing I created so far.
And somehow Memfis managed to like this set of maps, you are all different people in this forum. Some may like a some may not.

Fucking awesome maps for me, it's like we have exactly the same taste in music, design and gameplay. Here are some demos for the new maps (I think I played the rest before). Hard to pick my favorite level because everything is very cool really. Maybe 09 was the most fun.

I have to thank you for making this wad, it's not only immensely entertaining but it also inspired me to work harder on my maps and to be more creative with them. Some great ideas here.

Memfis said:

Fucking awesome maps for me, it's like we have exactly the same taste in music, design and gameplay. Here are some demos for the new maps (I think I played the rest before). Hard to pick my favorite level because everything is very cool really. Maybe 09 was the most fun.

I have to thank you for making this wad, it's not only immensely entertaining but it also inspired me to work harder on my maps and to be more creative with them. Some great ideas here.

What do you mean taste in music, design and gameplay? Can you show an example of yours?
The site for the demos doesn't work and you also inspired me to try harder on my maps, the crampyness of MAP04 is just a challange.

Uhh, it's a Doomworld link so no idea why it woudln't work. Maybe you're trying to "save as" it instead of just clicking on it.

I meant that I like pretty much all the midis used, I find the gameplay very fun, the health/ammo balance it just perfect for me for playing aggressively and a bit risky, and the 90s-like design is very interesting, colorful and creative. Everything is just how I like, basically. My maps aren't like that though, my creativity is way too restrained by the "modern design principles" to come up with stuff like that opening sky in map09, for example.

Memfis said:

Uhh, it's a Doomworld link so no idea why it woudln't work. Maybe you're trying to "save as" it instead of just clicking on it.

NVM, opened with IE and watched all the demos, congrats for beating MAP11 without dying once, I barely survive it.