Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

were did u get that name?

meg·a·lith
n.
A very large stone used in various prehistoric architectures or monumental styles, notably in western Europe during the second millennium B.C.

Stonehenge was always my favorite monument, so that was a factor in my choice. The change from Megalith to Megalyth came about when I mistyped my own nick (it happens).

will said:

Hehe, serveral years ago when i first started playin quakeworld I used the handle "Assman" after i saw that seinfeld episode.. It was even the first nick i ever played with on doomserv. I continued to use Assman as my nick until around the time of csdoom v.62 when I got into a flame war on the old csdoom forum with K3W and i found out just how many gay references could be made from that..

I used to have the same problem. So when an old service called "IName" was around (they would allow you to change the last portion of your email address) I changed my email addy to Assmaster@Heterosexual.com to avoid confusion.

Crendowing said:

Not when I saw it...I only saw "c", as you can see by the quote I made...he must have edited it.

Heh, you got that right. You must have been fairly quick to reply. I noticed my mistake just after I clicked 'post', so I edited it immediately...

A deathnail is the last nail put into a coffin. Personally I think deadnail just sounds better. =)

It's not actually some psycho subconscious slander against myself. My nail isn't dead. If I was going to insult myself my name would be TINYcockJOSH.

I invented this name when i played MK2 the first time (guess the character), and because most game's at that time had only initials, i shortened it to Zro.

deadnail said:

My nail isn't dead

Amazing...and we care if your nail can still put the hammer down? Personally, I don't. Heh.

OMFG!!!

Hehe, serveral years ago when i first started playin quakeworld I used the handle "Assman" after i saw that seinfeld episode..

So did I! No kidding! Then it turned to azz_keeker (silly me) :p

Nuno Correia is my name.

I'm still azz_keeker in Portuguese IRC servers and forums.

Around here I'm spank. Don't ask.

LorD BaZTArD....heh, my nick just evolved to this....it was originally Maniak(Not here) then Manik then Sir_Manick then something else....then I scrapped the manik tag and kept sir....added a commen IRL nickname of BAZ..and it went from there. I still use a few nicks..but they all have BaZ in there somewhere. The capitilization is there because I decided to make half of the letters into caps. Thats my nick.

Bah, I see all these damn original names and get depressed.

Well, I was trying to find a name which was somehow Doom related but which would be easy to type in quickly.
After having played around with a number of stupid names and abbreviations, I suddenly remembered the expression "Doomed Space Marine" and thus the name 'dsm' was coined.

Zaldron the Sage is one of the Hero units on Microprose's excellent Master of Magic. DAMN YOU STEVE BARCIA FOR LEAVING THE GAMING BUSINESS

OK, so anyway. I got sucked in Internet pretty late compared to US residents because we're like 5 years behind progress and stuff. So the whole "nickname" thing wasn't really important for me except for LAN parties. Since I needed a name for Ultima VII I just typed in Zaldron, who's my favorite hero because of it's "Sage" modifier (+10 to spell research).

I was a theater freak in high school, I created a character in my head to deal with the assholes around me, and with as much Doom as I played, it just kind of made sense. It wasn't that I was naming myself, it was that I was finding my name out.

DC

SlayeR said:

Back then I did not know anything about the band 'Slayer', and just recently I've heard their stuff and started to like some of it...

ack, how do you not know slayer? you deprived child you =P

My real name is Erik (duh).
When playing online RPGs I usually use the name Zerovous which is a slighly modified Zeromus (final boss in final fantasy 4)

Why Scientist?:

*I named myself after the wad I'm working on.
*The word Scientist is easy to remember (it's a common word which people will recognize).
*I just think of scientists as men in white coats that do not seem to care about good or evil just the truth. They can be our saviours or destroyers. This in some sinister way appeals to me.
*One day I hope to become a genuine Scientist.

Dark-tenshi said:

tenshi (japanese)= angel,saint
dak-tenshi=saint of darkness
quite a lame name,but cound't think anyning better

Soooooo..."dak-tenshi=saint of darkness " doesn't really explain why you are called DARK-tenshi :)