Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

/me pops this forums cherry

Hey, look at this!

Heh, zdoomgl. I got it to work on my computer. Looks even better than Jdoom but zdoom is zdoom and I don't like Jdoom too SO I think I'll leave this forum never to return unless I get bored kthxbye

Well, it's good to hear someone thinks ZDoomGL looks better than JDoom, although anyone who likes Legacy over ZDoom should be shot :P

SlayeR said:

Well, it's good to hear someone thinks ZDoomGL looks better than JDoom, although anyone who likes Legacy over ZDoom should be shot :P

I like Legacy and ZDooM the same

Wow, I think you are probably the only person in the world who likes them both the same... I like ZDoom for its kickarse editing abilities. Legacy is easy to use, but thats about it...

if i could actually turn the brightness up on ZDoomGL, i'd be playing that more than Zdoom 1.22.

SlayeR said:

The new ZDoomGL thats coming has working gamma correction. It's also much more stable than the current one...

Yay!
/me orgasms
Here is another suggestion, new MD2 models! That would rule!

Yeah, they need smoother animation, pain skins, and all the stuff that jDoom already has (or atleast some of them).
But ZDoomGL has better looking lens flares and dynamic lighting than jDoom, and of course it can run ZDoom maps, which jDoom cannot do.

I personally don't like the new JDoom md2s, they dont look anything at all like the original sprites, which is something the current ZDoomGL ones manage to do quite well, and the reason why JDoom's are 'smoother' is because JDoom has somehow made the monsters move smoothly (the animations in ZDoomGL are smooth, just not the movement)...

SlayeR said:

I personally don't like the new JDoom md2s, they dont look anything at all like the original sprites, which is something the current ZDoomGL ones manage to do quite well, and the reason why JDoom's are 'smoother' is because JDoom has somehow made the monsters move smoothly (the animations in ZDoomGL are smooth, just not the movement)...

I can't even get the JDooM models to work, I had no problem with the ZDooMGL ones!

bigbadgangsta said:

I can't even get the JDooM models to work, I had no problem with the ZDooMGL ones!

Get the very latest version of JDoom and then get the latest md2s:

ftp://jfiles@server1.thefourwinds.net/jdoom/models/

Remember to download the defs also and put them in the defs folder...

Prepare to be disgusted :P (Well, some of the features of the new models are cool, like pain skins etc, but they look dumb...)

SlayeR said:

I like them, specially the cacodemon...
The movement smoothing can be seen with sprites, every other Doom (and heretic & hexen) port moves the sprites "step by step", but with jDoom they are "sliding".

I like ZDooMGL. Only I can't play it, for I seem to have misplaced the 3DFX drivers on my computer. I can't seem to find them anywhere. So no ZDooMGL. Only vanilla ZDoom.
I like the J series. EXCEPT for JDoom. Every single time I ever tried to run the damn thing, it kept giving me a "Init drOpenGL error".
And I like Legacy, but not as much as ZDoom.

DooMBoy said:

I like ZDooMGL. Only I can't play it, for I seem to have misplaced the 3DFX drivers on my computer. I can't seem to find them anywhere. So no ZDooMGL. Only vanilla ZDoom.

Boy, your title suits you fine.

Zaldron said:

Boy, your title suits you fine.

That's not what I meant, smartass. :)
I meant I've played ZDooMGL before, but seriously, something seems to have to happened to the 3dfx drivers on my computer. They've just gone. I cannot find them anywhere.

orion said:

I wish zdoomgl didn't crash on me.

I actually got it to work for about 20 seconds

bigbadgangsta said:

I actually got it to work for about 20 seconds

my joy ride never lasted me more than 10, although once I saw the shiny floors for a little bit longer, they were sexy.

SlayeR said:

The new ZDoomGL thats coming has working gamma correction. It's also much more stable than the current one...

the current version works perfectly for me, it's just the low brightness is what annoys me.

bigbadgangsta said:

That would be too intelligent for him.

Hey, DooMBoy, wanna buy some drivers?

Shut up, you cock-sucking fuckface :)

deathwarrior said:

the current version works perfectly for me, it's just the low brightness is what annoys me.

Heh, there's actually 2 methods for changing the brightness: the Gamma command (which is the way ZDoom handles brightness), and the new "gl_texture_color_multiplier" cvar, which controls the contrast of the textures. I find that if I crank the gamma, it gets all washed out, so I added the new method. Only problem with it is if you crank it you lose detail on the textures (especially very light textures). But a mix of both is nice :)