Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

Rerating /idgames entries

I am sure it has happened to everyone at least once to want to rate something, but forget to change the default 3 stars to their rating. I was thinking, how about the ability to rerate if you made a mistake? Or at least a warning, like "Are you sure you want to rate this wad <<number>> stars?". What do you guys think?

A warning message might work, but that's really something to be taken up with one of the admins. Alternately - learn from your mistake and try to avoid repeating it.

I personally think it would be a good idea. I have before rated a wad in the archive and forgot to change the stars so a warning would be a very good way to prevent this. Either that or just be extra alert when rating wads (which I am now since I made that mistake).

That said, I always get a kick out of seeing an "angry review" with a 0/5 on the end of it, then seeing 3 stars next to it.

To me it would make sense, if you're logged in, to be able to change/edit/delete your reviews. But there could be a number of reasons, technical or social, that this isn't implemented.

This reminds me that I've got like a billion reviews I was going to post to idgames but haven't yet.

plums said:

To me it would make sense, if you're logged in, to be able to change/edit/delete your reviews. But there could be a number of reasons, technical or social, that this isn't implemented.

This reminds me that I've got like a billion reviews I was going to post to idgames but haven't yet.

Like you, I'm unsure if there's any solid reason 'reviews' don't have an edit button, but that would be my favoured 'fix' to this minor 'issue.' If it's not too much of a bother, simply reporting your own post for deletion probably works alright.

That all said, the reviews section still works for its intended purpose - to give a quick impression of the wad. Also glad the default is a 3 and not something more extreme, like 0 or 5.

Yeah, I've had this problem too. Not only it's unfair for the author/wad. It makes me look like an idiot. I agree with the "warning message", but I'm not sure about the "editing" feature.

I think a warning message would suffice here, it's an extra click of the mouse which might allow the reviewer to check everything is fine. I see no issues in implementing this.

People learn to ignore these. Just like I can't tell what is written on my monitor without looking at it because I see that label way too often to pay any attention to it.