Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Doom 2 The Way id Did demos [-complevel 2]

Recommended Posts

Second post and another UVMAX here of level 25 in 6:37 featuring a hilariously bad cyberdemon fight, playing chicken with a revenant, and a rocket that should of splattered Doomguy enjoy!

id25m637.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Yay, atleast someone is doing this, I been doing some attempts but haven't finished a max for these yet.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm surprised this map set wasn't filled. Originally was just going to do levels 8,9,10 but figured I'd fill the rest. It's just 27,28 that are left for UVMAX. I have 27  routed. 28 seems rather daunting with 4 pain elementals at the start..so idk about that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NeilK said:

I'm surprised this map set wasn't filled. Originally was just going to do levels 8,9,10 but figured I'd fill the rest. It's just 27,28 that are left for UVMAX. I have 27  routed. 28 seems rather daunting with 4 pain elementals at the start..so idk about that level.

wow 27 and 28 are left now? Yeah I've had a go at both 27 & 28. 28 is a bitch because of those pain elementals and the chaingunners at the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Map 25 UV-Max in 3:58

 

id25-358.zip

 

Heh I was running this (very) on and off for the past year or so, short sessions every couple of months to relax. Finally got a sub-4:00 with no missing monsters (>95% of exits had something left behind somewhere). Thanks for all the fills NeilK, I was hoping someone would do these. :)

Edited by rdwpa

Share this post


Link to post

Jesus! I'll have to check that out in a bit. I saw your demo of lvl 23 and was like nope skip. I think level 28 also has the most pain elementals in the entire wad. Also forgot level 33 has to be maxed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NeilK said:

Jesus! I'll have to check that out in a bit. I saw your demo of lvl 23 and was like nope skip. I think level 28 also has the most pain elementals in the entire wad. Also forgot level 33 has to be maxed. 

 

I was gonna pm you and mention 33, but you already know heh!

 

3 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Map 25 UV-Max in 3:58

 

id25-358.zip

Nice work rdwpa!

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, rdwpa said:

Map 25 UV-Max in 3:58

 

id25-358.zip

 

Heh I was running this (very) on and off for the past year or so, short sessions every couple of months to relax. Finally got a sub-4:00 with no missing monsters (>95% of exits had something left behind somewhere). Thanks for all the fills NeilK, I was hoping someone would do these. :)

 

Excellent demo by the way, amazing how much time you save when you use the bfg more/clever invul sphere usage. I noticed I had a lot cells left on exit, so keeping that in mind for future demos. Thank you it has been fun running these.

 

Level 27 UVMAX in 5:56

I really wanted sub-530. My strafe running still sucks so always improvement there.  I realize now that I could of teleported out of Spider Mastermind room and let the spiders duke it out for a possible 20 second time improvement, but I exit with low life that dropping back down there with a mastermind or a couple of spiders. I just didn't want to risk it. Enjoy!

id27-556.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Level 28 UVMAX in 9:11

I just completed a decent run before only to find a missed a linedef for a secret, so I was pretty tilted in this demo, more or less a table fill. Not really into Doom acrobatics. Anyways ;/ enjoy!

id28-911.zip

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NeilK said:

Level 28 UVMAX in 9:11

I just completed a decent run before only to find a missed a linedef for a secret, so I was pretty tilted in this demo, more or less a table fill. Not really into Doom acrobatics. Anyways ;/ enjoy!

id28-911.zip

Just 33 left now :D

 

Share this post


Link to post

Level 09 UVMAX in 4:56

I thought my demo of 7 minutes was very weak, thought of a new route (or I just got better). Decent demo minus the platform hiccup in the red key room. Enjoy.

id09-456.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×