Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

[3DGE] Doom Forever REDUX (updated)

The way the PWAD thing works:

As long as doom2.wad is in the directory, you can drag-and-drop doom.wad (etc) as a PWAD over the exe. Then, you can play all 5 episodes at once.

I will add Master Levels in Levels.ddf and the Nerve expansion so they can also be loaded alongside EDGE.

...also, whats wrong with Doom Forever as a title? I think it is great and shows what you can do when you dont cram headache-inducing "features" into a mod like Brutal Doom. No offense to the creators.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

How exactly do I do that?

The sloppy, unreliable way, a.k.a. my way, is to right click/select multiple pwads, then drag them as you would a single wad up to the exe. and drop it. To avoid the ultra rare lump order loading issue, create a bat. file or use the latest zdl front loader. Using the console commands also works, assuming you're not allergic to the console as some of us are.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

What PWADs would that be?

Slaughterfest 2012. The first level itself has 4 Cyberdemons and a large mob of Hell Barons at the end.

Chu said:

I will add Master Levels in Levels.ddf and the Nerve expansion so they can also be loaded alongside EDGE.

Awesome! I cannot wait for the next version.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

What PWADs would that be?

Anyway, is there supposed to be differences between the Pistol and the Rifle? Because if not, then I would suggest you just get rid of the Rifle altogether and replace Zombie Riflemen with the Pistol Zombies from Duke It Out in Doom. Heck, you might as well bring back the Dual Pistols!

There is really no point in putting out suggestions since I already said that the project isn't being worked on anymore.

However, if a re-boot ever would become a thing the pistol would be scrapped all together with the rifle taking its place.

MrSkeltal said:

If you ever get around to working on this again I'd tell you to get rid of the CyberDemon's homing rockets. They make some PWADs borderline impossible whenever there's multiple of them.

I'd rather they were just slowed down a touch so it's possible to outrun them. Right now, if there is even just the one Cyberdemon and no cover - goodbye. Was nice knowing you (unless you manage to BFG two-shot it before it fires, in which case good luck). But yeah, that third rocket makes things interesting.

Since CeeJay isn't working on this anymore I decided to edit the CyberDemon's homing missile attack myself. It's not a gigantic change: the rocket speed is now as fast as the Revenant's missile so it can be outrun, but unlike the Revenant's it blows up by itself after 5 seconds if it doesn't hit you. I haven't tested it much, but it should make the wads that are fond of CyberDemons significantly more manageable.

If anyone wants to change it too, open up Doom Forever in SLADE (make a back-up first just in case), go to DDFATK, CTRL+F to [CYBERDEMON_MISSILE_TRACER] and copy this over what's in there.

Spoiler

[CYBERDEMON_MISSILE_TRACER]
ATTACK_CLASS=D;
ATTACKTYPE=PROJECTILE;
HEIGHT=8;
RADIUS=11;
DAMAGE.VAL=20;
DAMAGE.MAX=160;
DAMAGE.OBITUARY="OB_Cyberdemon";
DAMAGE.DEATH_STATE=OVERKILL;
DAMAGE.OVERKILL_STATE=OVERKILL;
EXPLODE_DAMAGE.DEATH_STATE=DEATH;
EXPLODE_DAMAGE.OVERKILL_STATE=OVERKILL;
//SPEED=20; //ORIGINAL ROCKET SPEED
SPEED=10;
FUSE=5; //ROCKET TIMER
ACCURACY_ANGLE=0;
ACCURACY_SLOPE=0;
ATTACK_HEIGHT=48;
X_OFFSET=20;
NO_TRACE_CHANCE=0%;
TOO_CLOSE_RANGE=80;
EXPLODE_DAMAGE.VAL=128;
EXPLODE_DAMAGE.OBITUARY="OB_Cyberdemon";
ATTACK_SPECIAL=FACE_TARGET,SMOKING_TRACER;
PROJECTILE_SPECIAL=NOBLOCKMAP,DROPOFF,NOGRAVITY,MISSILE,NOSHADOW;
LAUNCH_SOUND=CYBFIR;
DLIGHT.TYPE=ADD;
DLIGHT.INTENSITY=120;
DLIGHT.COLOUR=#CC4400;
PUFF=SMOKE_TRAIL;

STATES(IDLE)=MISL:A:0:BRIGHT:PLAYSOUND(RFLY),
             MISL:A:2:BRIGHT:TRACER;

STATES(DEATH)=MISL:B:0:BRIGHT:DLIGHT_SET(350),
              MISL:B:0:BRIGHT:DLIGHT_FADE(0),
              MISL:B:0:BRIGHT:TRANS_FADE(0%),
              MISL:B:0:BRIGHT:KILLSOUND,
              MISL:B:0:BRIGHT:PLAYSOUND(REXPL),
              MISL:B:2:BRIGHT:EXPLOSIONDAMAGE,
              MISL:C:2:BRIGHT:NOTHING,
              MISL:D:2:BRIGHT:NOTHING,
              MISL:E:2:BRIGHT:NOTHING,
              MISL:F:2:BRIGHT:NOTHING,
              MISL:G:2:BRIGHT:NOTHING,
              #REMOVE;

The timer coupled with the speed might make it too easy to dodge so maybe anyone who tries this will want to increase the speed to somewhere between 10-15.

Edit: Setting the missile speed to 15 seems to work pretty well actually.

If I were to work on this again, I'd prefer to just start all over again for a number of reasons.

I did actually start something a few months back, but haven't put much work into it. I may work on it occasionally but I ain't making any promises.

EDIT: The non-widescreen friendly NV graphic and the cyberdemons homing rocket are the least of the mods problems.

I have found the motivation to pick this up again.

A new version is in the works, it'll feature a ton of new nifty features and considerable less "clutter". As well as fixing of bugs and glitches.

Stay tuned!

Chu said:

...??? ^^

I'm implying that I do not have the Android port of 3DGE, then realized there is no such thing. So the correct sentence "there is not any 3DGE port for Android".

CeeJay said:

I have found the motivation to pick this up again.

A new version is in the works, it'll feature a ton of new nifty features and considerable less "clutter". As well as fixing of bugs and glitches.

Stay tuned!

Cool! :D

Work is slow but somewhat steady.

The next version will feature headshots, a more awesome chainsaw, proper alternate weapon attacks, more unique monster characteristics (various effects and alternate attacks), more creative use of dynamic lighting, better gibs, better everything! Plus all the extra weapons will most likely be ditched in favor of quality over quantity.