Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LanHikariDS

Doomguy Hologram 'weapon'?

Hello, I'm new here and I was wondering if there's a weapon that, when fired, places an immobile Doomguy infront of the player who fired and is destroyed when punched (that hopefully doesn't overwrite Weapon Slots 1-7), for my Multiplayer TC WAD for Ultimate DOOM, Because I'm working on a Tabletop RPG map, and such a 'weapon' would be helpful for both the players and the GM to mark enemy locations. Could you please provide a download link, as well as the name of the tool needed to add it to my WAD (I have SLumpEd and DeHackEd. Played on Chocolate DOOM), thank you.

BaronOfStuff said:

Not gonna happen.

I don't see why not. If it's added into the wad itself, wouldn't it work? I mean, It's not like it'd have an AI or anything, it'd just stand there... and vanish when punched...

BaronOfStuff said:

Not in Chocolate Doom; your modding options are very limited.

Well, is there another source port with a simple netplay setup without parameters or external applications that WOULD allow it?

This would be possible fairly easy using DeHacked, although you'd be limited to the 4 basic Doomguy colors and it would have to replace an existing weapon slot. I'm certain that's the only way in Choco Doom/DOS Doom. I know such a thing is possible, but maybe not exactly as described.

If you wanted to stretch out to Boom, or preferably ZDoom based ports, you might have an easier time doing this.

Now to find download for the weapon lump. I considered it a given for the Hologram to be of one of the stock 4 colors... If I must, I'll replace a weapon, but, couldn't it be set into an overlay slot (ex. Chainsaw/Super Shotgun)? Obviously, If I had this in my inventory, I wouldn't need weapons for that map, but I don't want to delete a weapon for a deathmatch map... Really, all it'd need to be is a Rocket Launcher with different graphics lumps assigned to the missile's sides, and set the missle's speed variable to 0.

in vanilla and boom you can only replace existing things with another of the same size, this way you need to replace 1 weapon with the one you want to put in.
else if you use an advanced port like zdoom http://zdoom.org/Download you can add new things using the lump called DECORATE http://zdoom.org/wiki/Decorate . if you seach through the wiki you will find everything you need.

I'd be willing to replace the Super Shotgun, but that doesn't exist in Ultimate DOOM. I do have GZDOOM for single-player, would that work as well as ZDOOM?