Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sam123

House Hellgh ( Beta level )

Hey everybody

I have made a level based of a floor map found in a book of castle in the netherlands. The castlle is called Huis bergt, a Dutch name for: House Bergth. The level is called House Hellgh. Its not complected based of that castle but i just found interest shapes in the floor map i saw

Credits

Evil Knight by Mr.Green which can be found here:

http://www.realm667.com/index.php/beastiary-mainmenu-136/heretic-hexen-style-mainmenu-137

Here is the link of the wad file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftbxdv6ay1jewh2/House%20Hellgh.zip

I really hope you like it guys. I did my best

I played through this just now, and it was kind of a mixed bag. Nothing about it was overly terrible, but there is a lot of room for improvement as well.

1) It could definitely use some better item placement and ammo balance. For instance, in the first few areas there are three green armors within a few steps of each other.
2) There were some noticeable texture errors and some pretty garish misalignments here and there. Doom Builder has an auto-align function, don't be afraid to use it when appropriate.
3) The addition of the knight enemy didn't really do anything for the map, and stealth monsters are pretty much never a good idea. In fact, this could have simply been a vanilla map with regular monsters and the gameplay would have been the same. On the plus side, some of the encounters were challenging
4) I realize that this is based on a real structure, but a lot of the areas in this map were way too cramped. Fighting barons in narrow corridors gets old quickly.

Hopefully the pointers help, and don't be afraid to use any available resources to help you improve your mapping. You seem to know your way around the editors to a degree, so take a bit more time to work on alignment, texture usage, and lighting. Some areas of the map look pretty cool, but overall it could look a lot better.

It's a decent effort, so don't give up.

[QUOTE]Megalyth said:
[B]I played through this just now, and it was kind of a mixed bag. Nothing about it was overly terrible, but there is a lot of room for improvement as well.

Thank you so much for the Feedback Megalyth. Now i know what i have to do next to improve of making levels.

I think i gonna remove the evil knights and replace them with just demons.

About the green armor, i agreed with you. it is a bit to much for the good.

Its time for me to take some extra time for the textures, maybe i shall look more on levels of doom 2 for example.

Question: Do you have found all the secrets of the level Megalyth?

I shall also provide some screenshots of the level. Thank you too walter confalonieri

sam123 said:

Question: Do you have found all the secrets of the level Megalyth?

If I remember correctly I only missed one of them.