Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Any way to save all my threads?

I thought there'd be a feedback forum area, but alas. I've made several unique posts over the years that have led me to trying all different kinds of wads, I was wondering if there was any way I could save a local copy of all the threads I've started without having to resort to manually saving them as MHT's. You know, in case the worst happens to the forum.

Only things I can think of is the "right click, save as" method which is bulky and you end up with a zillion subfolders with all the data--or have you tried the "show printable version" link down at the bottom of the page? You can save the output from that in probably much more streamlined and clean format.

Under each one of your posts, there's a bunch of tiny hyperlinks. You can click on "Search" and it will bring you a list with a preview of every thread you ever participated in.

Does that help at all?

40oz said:

Under each one of your posts, there's a bunch of tiny hyperlinks. You can click on "Search" and it will bring you a list with a preview of every thread you ever participated in.

Does that help at all?

What I was hoping for was some sort of server magic whereby an admin could push a few buttons and save every thread I've started as .htm's automatically. Saving each one is a bit tedious but do-able, aside from multi-page ones.

invictius said:

Saving each one is a bit tedious but do-able, aside from multi-page ones.

Saving multi-page threads is also doable, just a whole other level of tedious.

Nomad said:

have you tried the "show printable version" link down at the bottom of the page? You can save the output from that in probably much more streamlined and clean format.

It also has a "show all *** posts on one page" option, which should help.