Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

The Cyberdemon AND the discovery of the Rocket Launcher

The marine panted, his head slick with sweat, his lungs quickly pumping air in and out, but it was not enough. He was tired, and this tiny room looked like the perfect place to take a nap. He laid down and used a few jackets he found in the room as some pillows. His eyelids forced themselves shut, his body ebbing towards sleep. The sound of a huge *THUD* jerked him awake. What in the fuck was that? His body, still urging for sleep, allowed him to get up. Whatever it was, it was big, judging by the sound it made. Maybe something large fell, who knows? He started to lay back down when he heard another *THUD* and this time it was followed by an explosion and a human scream. Now his body was saying "fuck sleep" as he got up, his bruised shoulder trying to resist the act. He did a mental check of his weaponry. Pistol, shotgun, chaingun. If the monster was even half as big as he thought it was, he would need some heavier firepower, like maybe a flamethrower or one of those U.A.C. rocket launchers.

The marine was agitated, not knowing where to go added to his frustration, he kicked a simple switch and not only did steps raise, but the wall that held the body of Baron of Hell slid up into the ceiling. Well, he had found his way out. He crept slowly into the room, shotgun ready.
"hmm, what have we got here?" the marine said, looking at the boxes of U.A.C. rockets lying on the ground, some opened with their contents spilled, but still, they were rockets. He thought about it. What would rockets be doing here? Unless....the rocket launcher was nearby! He mentally started cheering as he started loading up his backpack with as many rockets as he could. He looked out of the room and into a huge arena, pillars as high as the structure he was in, all adorned with hideous faces of creatures he had never seen before. He stepped out into the arena, looking around carefully, not wanting the get ambushed or something. Who made that scream? What made that sound? What caused the explosion? Thoughts racing through his head, but the number one thought was where is that damn rocket launcher? The huge pillars gave him shade, he needed it, it was hot in the huge arena. His footsteps sounded like bombs to him in his head, but they were not very loud. He peeked around the corner of a huge pillar to see nothing but more pillars. *BOOM*! A rocket had exploded about 25 feet above him, hitting the pillar, he moved before rocks could crush him. He turned, expecting to see a marine with a happy trigger finger. Instead, what he saw terrified him. It was a grotesque combination of machine, the glinting metal reflecting the rays of the "sun", the body, carved of pure muscle, its stomach was exposed, but no organs were visible, only cords, some were dripping oil and other such liquids, others looked to be electrical. Its massive head had two demonic red eyes and obsidian horns, its teeth bloody, its mouth was open, it let out a horrifying roar. The marine thought he had seen it all, until this terrible...no...horrible thing, both living flesh and machine.

The second roar brought the marine back to reality, as the monster raised its arm, attached to this arm was a box. The marine guessed the arm was a weapon, mainly because it was pointed at him. He was right. The arm made a flash as a rocket burst out towards the marine. He was quick to act as he moved, another rocket then aother followed him as he opened fire on the machine-monster with his chaingun. The bullets hit him, but the marine didn't see any discomfort on the part of the beast. He ran around the pillar, trying to put as much room as possible behind him and the monster, so he could formulate a plan. Another room! The marine rushed over, his feet carrying him faster than he thought he could have. He ducked inside the room, not paying attention to the contents of the room. He peeked out the door to see if the thing was still after him. After about 30 seconds or so, the marine slid back into the room, staring up at the ceiling. He needed an edge, definitly, like a bigger gun. He really wished for a rocket launcher, maybe one of those plasma rifles or that expiramental gun, that really big fuckin' gun, he couldn't remeber the name (hehehe), but hey, beggars wern't choosers. Truly looking at the room for the first time his prayer was answered, as he spotted the gray rocket launcher, next to some combat armor! The marine picked up the launcher, loading it up, and donned the combat armor. Ok, big guy, lets rumble.

He peeked out the door again, looking for the monster, his head darting left and right. When he didn't see the creature, he stepped out of the room, slowly. Not really wanting to face this thing, but knowing he had to, he started to jog. The pillar he had been shot at was cracked all around it, it looked like it could give at any second. The marine edged around the pillar, spotting the huge demon where it was, except its back was to him. He opened fire, the boom of his rocket launcher assaulting his ears, his head throbbing. The thing turned, slowly, its body getting blasted by a barrage of rockets, it fell down. Yes! Wow, that was easy, the marine thought. A growl emmited from the creature, as it started to get back up. Damnit!
"I think I pissed it off" the marine said, a hint of terror in his voice.
The behemoth rushed at him, blasting rockets, one got so close to the marine, it burned his arm hair and knocked him down. As he struggled to get up he saw the creature up close, looming over him! Oh shit, he was gonna die! The beast growled, then stomped on the ground. The noise of rock breaking echoed loudly, as the pillar gave way, crashing down on the monster, crushing it. The marine, his eyes wide, was surprised to be alive. A door opened, red light poured from it, the marine rushed for it, hoping it was the way out of Hell...ironic that it was his path TO Hell....

Comments? Suggestions? Gripes? Tell me about them! :)

Damn, that marine gotta be one stupid sonuvabitch, since he lies down to rest in a room where corpses of the toughest monster so far is hanging from chains with their bellies torn out.

To everyone with a slight intelligence this would be screaming: Something big and nasty lives here!

Other than that good story - I'll definitely be using it as a reference when I reach the part in my story where the marine encounters Mr. Rocket hand.

dsm said:

Damn, that marine gotta be one stupid sonuvabitch, since he lies down to rest in a room where corpses of the toughest monster so far is hanging from chains with their bellies torn out.

To everyone with a slight intelligence this would be screaming: Something big and nasty lives here!

Other than that good story - I'll definitely be using it as a reference when I reach the part in my story where the marine encounters Mr. Rocket hand.

Well, he isn't stupid, just desensitized (sp), I mean, he figures, they're dead, I'm not, it's all good