Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Is Kansam still alive?

I can't find any other WADs from Kansam than Sky May Be and Kansam's trial. Have he ever been involved in Doom since then? How is he going nowadays?

Is he lost maybe in the flow of time?

Katamori said:

I can't find any other WADs from Kansam than Sky May Be and Kansam's trial. Have he ever been involved in Doom since then? How is he going nowadays?

Is he lost maybe in the flow of time?

Kansam and Doug the Eagle are brothers. Doug, aka Joseph Morris, still maintains his website at http://www.it-he.org/ where he posts anti-walkthroughs for games. According to Joseph, his brother lost interest in mapping for Doom partway through Kansam's Trial.

Doug has a YT video where he talks about The Sky May Be that's worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

There's also this blip from his webpage:

I honestly thought, that apart from the occasional piece of fan-mail, it had sunk without trace. Only when 'The Sky May Be' featured prominently in DoomWorld's Top Ten Most Infamous WADs, did I realise I was wrong.

edit: ugh, I don't remember the sound being so out of sync on that video. Maybe it got re-encoded some time.

kmxexii said:

Kansam and Doug the Eagle are brothers.

Oh, nice to know.

Doug, aka Joseph Morris, still maintains his website at http://www.it-he.org/ where he posts anti-walkthroughs for games.

LOL I wouldn't say that it's maintained, it just simply exists but design is the same kinda-ugly-but-functional 90's website design and content doesn't seem to be younger :D

According to Joseph, his brother lost interest in mapping for Doom partway through Kansam's Trial.

How could he lost that for over one and a half decade?!

Katamori said:

LOL I wouldn't say that it's maintained, it just simply exists but design is the same kinda-ugly-but-functional 90's website design and content doesn't seem to be younger :D

How could he lost that for over one and a half decade?!

JM posts stuff for games that tickle his fancy; he doesn't seem to be into Doom modding anymore. If you had bothered to look at the "latest updates" column, you'll see he's posted two such journals of misbehaving in 2013, one of them for Fallout: New Vegas.

As for Kansam's interest, JM "finished" the episode quite a few years after his brother stopped mapping for it.

kmxexii said:

Doug, aka Joseph Morris, still maintains his website at http://www.it-he.org/ where he posts anti-walkthroughs for games.

I'm amused by the difficulty of his plan to make lots of money in Oblivion when it's so easy to drown in gold in that game

1. join guild
2. turn all the free food in the guildhouse into potions
3. sell potions to guild