Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lukas2288

Slipgate Complex WIP

Hi everybody i working on this mod for doom.I am a beginner on level design with doom and this is my first maps so don´t kill me please :D
Here are some screenshots of my WIP Mod.if somebody want to help me with mapping just send me PM and i will give you resources for doom builder and testing.

here is the link for 1st stage.It is a small base map.it contains few monsters and 3 weapons (one is in secret area).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/edh552k2ahjyiw3/SlipgateComplexDemo.pk3

I played the demo, also downloaded the newly added pack for mappers.

So the demo: First, I am very impressed. It looks and plays like Quake, what a surprise, heh. You actually do have some experience with Quake or similar game mapping, don't you? Or at least you're a huge Quake fan. Where did you collect all these elaborated resources anyway?

Your mapping skill is obviously more than good. Definitely better than my own. Although I should note, it's kind of easier to make a map and balance a gameplay if you go for this "Quake" spirit. At least I get that impression.

I'm just gonna inform you that Doom mapping and Doom gameplay is generally different from the Quake's. We like to see a great amount of nonlinearity and many-monster-at-once encounters, while the monsters as individuals are extremely weak. Just for you to know what kind of maps are you competing with.

I don't doubt you'll get some folks interested to help you. Everybody will be eager to get their hands on the fancy resources :). I really like what I see, wish you good luck and keep up the good work.

By the way: Your released demo actually contains 5 useable weapons, not 3. :)

The resources will be contained in full version in txt file.Some of them were created by me(shotgunguy,some death frames etc).My mapping experiance is only with farcry game.Here you can look at some screens of my work.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9fg1e6xr5rs24ru/Fc.zip

By the way: Your released demo actually contains 5 useable weapons, not 3. :) - sorry i am not good in math :-D

farcry ... screens
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9...r5rs24ru/Fc.zip

Nice, though I'm unfamiliar with Farcry and how it is with its modding.

Back to your Slipgate demo, I forgot to mention that I've found the reloading of weapons annoying at times, as I've been killed several times due to it. In Doom, we're not used to such a reloading at all, because Doom is about run-and-gun and reloading only slows things down.

scifista42 said:

Nice, though I'm unfamiliar with Farcry and how it is with its modding.

Back to your Slipgate demo, I forgot to mention that I've found the reloading of weapons annoying at times, as I've been killed several times due to it. In Doom, we're not used to such a reloading at all, because Doom is about run-and-gun and reloading only slows things down.

I think that only enforcer and machinegun got reload function.But for me is so unrealistic that pistol got 200 bullets in "clip"