Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Doomer's Domain - An ancient Doom 2 map

I did some tidying up to a 15 year old map of mine that fixed a few errors (incl. 2 closed sectors), making the ammo count not as tight and increasing the difficulty a little bit.

It's a really old map so don't expect it to be up to par like my more recent maps.

Linky
Linky 2 - Revised version 11/17/2013

Screenshots:

What a craaaaaazy level. :D It's like every room has a unique texture theme and there are so many ways to go, it's practically a maze, and an extremely disorienting one. I had to use the automap all the time but finally beat it after 25 minutes, was kinda proud of myself tbh. :p Fans of uber complex layouts should love this one.

Yea, I ran through it before I did any tidying up and it took me about 30 minutes. My mind back then when making this map was a bit blah when it came to progression.

So 90's! Kind of fun, I actually kind of like the "lots of random paths that don't really do anything" aspect of it, at least at times. A little large though. Computer map powerup definitely helped. Way too much ammo, but that's typical of early maps too.

FDA of me fumbling around in it for 30 minutes and eventually exiting, should you want to watch such a thing (if not I don't blame you :p)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d4p12cfmnkr8o1j

That seems to be the median completion time for myself and others it seems. When I ran through the map before adjusting the ammo count, it was too little until I got to the computer map powerup room. I had almost no bullets and no shells so again I will likely adjust the ammo a little before /idgames uploading it.

Actually now that you mention it I do remember being short on ammo at the beginning, but there's a turning point, maybe the computer room, where it stops being a problem at all and before long I start using the SSG on single zombiemen.

What I have done since was add/remove/change a few ammo spots and added some monsters in spaces where there was none (IE easternmost "house" outside of mines) as well as a music replacement so D_RUNNIN doesn't grind on the nerves.

Check revised version up top, this is the one I will put on /idgames when it is back online.