Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

I made a chocolate doom map

I swear you make maps faster than I can play them.

FDA, 1 death from slime and carelessness, lots of running around in circles unsuccessfully trying to get the SSG or other secrets.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzzi13v15g5h0a1

Pretty fun overall, felt like there should be a few more higher-tier enemies in places but maybe not?

edit: Played again with GZDoom and got the secrets with jumping :>
Still not sure if you need SR50 to get the SSG or I just suck at jumps like that. It's where I thought it was, at least.

No, you definitely don't need SR50 and it's a pretty easy SR40 jump I think. I guess you need some experience to feel the right angle...

Yeah, jumping (without the 'jump' key in ports) is not my forte, so I'm not surprised to hear that. gggmork tries it once and then gives up, so I don't feel too bad though ;p
maybe I'll try it some more on this map until I get it.

http://speedy.sh/48jTf/dodovdgg.lmp (PrBoom+ -complevel 2, 9:xx, no deaths, extremely slow due to low health, 100% everything).

Closet traps are OK, but sometimes I would like some enemies behind (I was mostly activating a trap, then running away and it worked). Red key trap - only two chaingunners? that was my first thought.

Yeah, the map wasn't meant to kill anyone, just to provide some fun killing groups of monsters with rocket launcher, etc. If there were several levels, it would make more sense (could have difficulty progression from easy to harder) but oops, this is Memfis we are talking about so forget about having several maps. See you soon in another mediocre 5 minute map! :D)

OR NOT

I started map02 and I think I like it so far, maybe I'll finish it:

IMO it's cool how you can draw 10 lines and it already looks awesome in chocolate doom because of low resolution. So can map quite fast this way. I'll stick to this port for now, maybe I'll get somewhere? Oh, and the comments kinda inspired me I guess so thx. :>

vdgg said:

http://speedy.sh/48jTf/dodovdgg.lmp (PrBoom+ -complevel 2, 9:xx, no deaths, extremely slow due to low health, 100% everything).

Closet traps are OK, but sometimes I would like some enemies behind (I was mostly activating a trap, then running away and it worked). Red key trap - only two chaingunners? that was my first thought.

Aha! I was jumping from the wrong spot for the SSG, durrrrp.

Man you were at Death's door for the whole middle third of that. Nice run anyhow.

MAP02 looks cool Memfis, and yeah low res makes everything nice. Doom's visuals are really full of many different art styles and looks but at 320x240 no one could tell :D