Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomed1234

Using the final doom iwad

Is it possible to use either evilution/plutonia as an iwad for some of the more common megawads like alien vendetta, scythe, hell revealed etc? I ask because I don't have the doom 2 iwad but I have both final doom iwads. Thanks

If I understand it right, you might have from missing textures to crashes depending on which source port you use.

I personally never experienced any crashing back in the early days of my Doom endeavors when I still used Doom95. I believe that I ran HR via Plutonia's iwad and everything worked smoothly. So far as I'm concerned, if Doom95 didn't crash then it has to be safe because my God that engine sucked for pwads.

You will never have completely missing textures or crashes, but you will have some odd-looking textures at times.

Either TNT or Plutonia should work OK, you'll get some weird switch texture replacements, and some of the animated textures might look funny. I think tnt might be better at preserving the originals by grouping several smaller textures as one large texture.

You'll also miss out on custom skies with either wad, for levels that just replace the sky patch without making a new TEXTURE1 lump, and maybe some other custom graphics at times. Not a huge deal I suppose.