Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrew Hulshult

I am remaking the entire Doom II OST

Hello Doom World,
My name is Andrew Hulshult. I just wanted to share with you all that I plan on remaking the entire Doom OST after playing months and months of brutal Doom in between my development cycle on Rise of the Triad (I remade the OST). I got really inspired by SGtMarkIV's beautiful work and I wanted to contribute in some way to this amazing mod. That being said I just wanted to post up some of my work so far and let you guys and gals check it out! A few of these can be heard on the newest Brutal Doom heavy metal mod version 4.

Playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTswoVCjD-0&list=PL2trYUpmh1eSosLpXYgjZlrHvOrbeU6aE

Pretty badass. I especially like your MAP06 and MAP10 remixes. Some of the best that I've heard, which is saying a lot because I've listened to quite a few. I'll be following your progress on this...

Wonderful work there. Could you do "I Sawed the Demons"?
Even though it's just Doom II, also can't wait to see how you tackle "Message for the Archvile".

I've listened through all 6 tracks in the linked playlist and your cover of Hell March, plus played through ROTT 2013. I really enjoy your work - particularly Goin' Down The Fast Way (which I downloaded the freely available version of back when it was available to promote ROTT - it currently serves as a ringtone) and Shawn's Got The Shotgun (as a Slayer fan as well, it's probably a given). I look forwards to seeing what you do with the rest of the sound track!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Plenty more to come soon so check back or subscribe. Thanks for the shout outs on the ROTT OST as well btw! That took a long time to finish up but it was well worth it in the end. Phobus thanks for the support on ROTT and that's badass that GDTFW is your ringtone!

Also: ROTT OST will see the light of day...SOON ;)

Thanks for making me feel welcome on this forum!

Well dayum! This is some good stuff. Definitely enjoyed the ROTT tunes, and it seems like you're giving the Doom tracks some serious justice as well. MAP13 in particular is quite awesome, especially given the fact that I never particularly cared much for the original piece -- yet this version makes me super-love it. Strange thing, that.

FuzzballFox said:

D_RUNNIN must have Organ.
A nice sounding Hammond would be good.

Why must everyone "metal" everything up D:

it could be worse: we could have everyone "dubstep" everything up. oh wait, we have that too.

Doomhuntress said:

it could be worse: we could have everyone "dubstep" everything up. oh wait, we have that too.

Oh god no D:

I think the MAP01 music solo needs a little bit more work, but apart from that, I really loved your stuff.

That is truly impressive! I mean, it is really not easy to put your own touch while remaking videogame soundtracks, but you definitely managed to do it well. Keep up this amazing work!

By the way, on a scale of one to ten, what is the chance that you remake TNT and/or other wads music (Hell Revealed II, to name one with a VERY notable OST)?