Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrew Hulshult

I am remaking the entire Doom II OST

It's always nice to have new variations from the OST. Thank you so much for sharing. I've subscribed to your YT channel. :)

Damn, these are nice!

If you ever tackle Hiding the Secrets, I suggest looking toward Alice in Chains - We Die Young as inspiration. I'm 90% certain that Hiding the Secrets is a heavily rewritten version of that. As far as I can tell, the drums are identical, and the two songs create a very similar mood (for me anyway).

Compare un19.mid with d_e1m9.mid. In case you didn't know, there is a pack of unused midis that John Romero released.

are the tracks going to be released into an album of sorts when it's finished? i'd like to replace some of the songs in my music wad to your remakes, but all there is is a Youtube playlist of what's done so far.

There are some options on the table as far as releasing this stuff, but I need to get them all separated and take a look at what makes sense for everyone and how it is presented. What I really need right now is for these to get well known in the community so I can put more time into them. Whatever I do, it is obviously going to be free but finding time in between paid work on development projects for this stuff is a task in itself, but I feel like the Doom community DESERVES quality remakes. So it might be a little slow on my side at the moment but it will get done.

What I need is for everyone who is a Doom fan to be able to check these out and enjoy them, so the more shares, the better.

DooM_RO said:

He already remade Sinister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTswoVCjD-0

I especially want to hear E1M7 and E2M7.

Not totally into it because of the soft evil laugh into it makes it unsuitable for game background music for me. It is still overall a very good track, if there's a version without the laugh layer I'd like to know.

Speaking of the E1M2 song, I really like it. Any chance you'll be doing Dark Halls (E1M3) anytime soon?

The laugh will be removed with the final release. Dark Halls isn't priority at the moment. E1M1 is though. I'll totally rack my brain on this one since it's so iconic.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11229821_1026389020712116_2280365439888885970_n.jpg?oh=dc56255aa9d43328d3225317183b0057&oe=55FC1BC4

I will be releasing a "shareware" of my Doom covers for free possibly next week if all goes well. It will be called "IDKFA" and it will have every song from Knee Deep In The Dead recreated. Still looking for a viable download host. It will be on YouTube, and Mod Db (as a wad) so far looking at sound cloud to see if I can get unlimited downloads.

Can't wait!

Have you thought about Bandcamp? They seem to be pretty good for downloading niche albums. :)

Average said:

Can't wait!

Have you thought about Bandcamp? They seem to be pretty good for downloading niche albums. :)

seconded. the downside is that Bandcamp mirrors only give 200 free download tokens, which i think gets replenished monthly or you can pay to get more free downloads up. you could put a free Mediafire link on said Bandcamp album, though.

Hello there! I'm trying to rebuild the doom metal volume 4 using the original tracks with best possible quality you can found from the internet without transcode because that wad uses not acceptable for me music quality: - OGG, 32000 HZ, average bitrate 64 kbit/s. It's a bad idea because some original tracks has not good quality at all - MP3 128 kbit/s. So, after that transcode with bad quality you can easily detect glitches in the music. I replaces mostly all tracks, but I can't found the old track "Doom II - DOOM (Map13)" (link to the old version with bad quality), only "DOOM (Map13) Remake by Andrew Hulshult ( Brutal Doom Soundtrack )". Yes, I want to add an old version of "Doom II - DOOM (Map13)", not your second version because it was in that metal volume 4 for brutal doom and I like it more than second version. Where I can download the old version with best possible quality available?