Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
codeslicer

Skulltag Local game?

I introduced a friend to Doom II, but he was uncomfortable with the controls. So i showed him skulltag and he loved it, but wanted to know if we could do co-op.

So how do i make a local game???

Your best bet is upgrading to Zandronum. It's basically the same thing, but a little easier to setup imo. I believe the tool bar has a button, don't remember what it looks like, where you can set up a TCP/IP or LAN game. Connecting I remember is a little tedious, and I think you have to use the in-game server browser.

Clonehunter said:

Your best bet is upgrading to Zandronum. It's basically the same thing, but a little easier to setup imo. I believe the tool bar has a button, don't remember what it looks like, where you can set up a TCP/IP or LAN game. Connecting I remember is a little tedious, and I think you have to use the in-game server browser.

I have both, but i read multiple times from different sources that zandronum doesnt support mods, but i just need a step by step easy instruction

Zandronum does support mods, in fact the mod scene is thriving over there. You'll have to load skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3 before a mod's files if you're hosting a mod that requires skulltag resources but once you do everything works the same(and better in fact due to all the bugfixes).

There are a handful of people out there who insist that Zandronum is somehow a downgrade of Skulltag. This is not the case.

make a shortut to zandronum or a batch file (.bat) and make it point to zandronum, then use "-file" to tell it what extra files it should load as mods in wad or pk3 format.

zandronum -file modwadname.wad -file modwadname2.wad -file modernmod.pk3

zandronum works great with a lot of mods, supports high definition textures, and much more.

codeslicer said:

i read multiple times from different sources that zandronum doesnt support mods

This is silly.

Skulltag comes with a ton of extra content which was used by some Skulltag-specific mods. This extra content has been removed from Zandronum itself so that it is no longer automatically loaded regardless of whether you're going to use it or not.

However, Zandronum is still compatible with Skulltag mods. If they use the Skulltag content, you only need to also load the Skulltag content pack (skulltag_data_126.pk3). It's available here.

You won't even need to load it if you're just joining a server, provided you set up your WAD file paths correctly.

codeslicer said:

I have both, but i read multiple times from different sources that zandronum doesnt support mods, but i just need a step by step easy instruction

Are you joking? I have like about 50 wads for zandronum that all work.